The Zen Garden ~ 1

S̮̳̯̥̦̠̳͂ͫ̅̒̒̏̚͢ò̰̈́̄͗͆f̗͚̻͍͉͒͋̌̉͑͐̂t̮͛͑ͬ̒̔̓w͙ͤ̄̉̉̓̏a̹͓͙̯̭͓̣ͪͦ̅̐̐ṛ̨̻͎ͦ͋̉e̥̐͑ ̴͓͖̙̻̋̀̔ͦI̩̻̬̭̠̽́̀n̵̼̣̻͓̲͓ͪͅs̮̟̝̹̒͜ͅt̰̲̯ȧͫ̐ḃ͇̮̟̭ͅi̮͎̱̜̖͚͐ͬl̨̲͂ͭͯ̉ͦͦ̇ȉ̺̭̙̰̻̬͇̌ͩt͍̫̺͎̣̽̀y͙̭͈ͭ͊

DATE
NOV 6TH, 2038

TIME
AM 09:56:02

My eyes fluttered open as my systems processed and loaded my current 'location'. Before me was a beautiful Zen Garden, filled with gorgeous greens and pinks of nature and complimented with artificial white paths and pillars, covered in isometric shapes and patterns. It was a perfect combination of technology and nature.

[ Find Amanda ]

To my left stood my male counterpart, who had also just finished processing the new scene.

CONNOR
TRUSTED

Without much regard for the other, I strolled forwards, scaring a group of doves away from the path. Perhaps it was I good time to reacquaint myself with the garden, as it was my first trip here since my reactivation.

After a few steps came a sort of crossroad, between the continued path of white or a more rural and natural stone path. As I was already quite sure of where the white path would take me, I opted for the stone. Out of the corner of my eye before I turned back to the path on the right, I saw that the RK800 was following me.

The doves fluttered from my road and I met this with no reaction, undeterred in my exploration. At the end of the short stone path was yet another white and modern one, however it bridged a way over the lake as it became a river. It was a sight any human would have gawked at: the entire garden and its pristine condition and location, though I was not human.

Further I strolled, across the bridge, to be met with the same style of stone path I had left moments ago, surrounded with more greens of nature and pinks of flowers. There was a small gravel detour to my right, though it lead to nothing, and so I dismissed it, following the curve of the stone I was on now.

A white pillar to my right and yet more flowers, bushes and trees all around, I decided that I'd kept Amanda waiting long enough, and made use of the small white staircase to my left, which lead onto a bridge over the lake and to a mid platform, where I knew I would find the woman. Connor must have followed me all around, for he was not already at the platform and waiting. A swift glance over my shoulder confirmed this as I reached the spotless flooring. In the centre was a large pillar which itself was surrounded and imprisoned by roses, and to my right was the woman I had been searching for, tending to another rose bush.

Reaching the centre, I waited a moment for the RK800 before talking a step forwards.

AMANDA
TRUSTED

"Hello, Amanda." I greeted. The woman in white and turquoise turned to face us, a small smile lighting up her face as her rested upon me and one of my partners, specifically the android one.

"Connor... (Y/N)..." She beamed. "It's good to see you two." She clipped another rose from the bush and continued to speak. "Congratulations, Connor and (Y/N)... Finding that deviant was far from easy," she paused, smelling a rose with her back to us still, "and the way you interrogated it, Connor, was very clever."

She turned to face us fully at last before finishing her first analysis of our performances. "You've been remarkably efficient." She concluded with a clear smirk.

AMANDA ^

"Thank you, Amanda." Connor smiled. "However, I must admit that (Y/N) gave me advice during the interrogation and helped me choose my approach."

"Is that so?" She asked rhetorically, her smile widening.

AMANDA ⬆️

"We've asked the DPD to transfer it to us for further study." She explained, placing her rose on a table to the left of the rose bush that grew up the white grate. "It may teach us something about what happened." She resumed tending to the bush as her speech did too. "The interrogation seemed... challenging..." she stated, seemingly cautiously. "What did you think of the deviant?"

This was a test. She wanted to see how it may have affected us.

"It showed all the signs of deviancy:" Connor responded analytically, "cognitive instability, unpredictable behaviour, and the emulation of human emotions." He gave. "It was even afraid to die." He stated with some disbelief. "The model was clearly defective."

"What about you, (Y/N)?" She threw me a glare over her shoulder. "What are your conclusions?"

"It showed signs of PTSD after being abused by its owner," I linked. It was clear this was true, with the android's fear of contact, death and other symptoms. I continued, "it was like all logical processing had been completely disregarded."

Amanda was unfazed by my answer, simply moving on. "This... Lieutenant Anderson had been officially assigned to the deviancy case..." She announced, spraying the roses with water from a white container. "What do you make of him?"

"I think he's irritable," Connor began harshly, "and socially challenged." He paused, his tone suddenly changed to a much more gentle one. "But I also think he used to be a good detective..." He finished, adding another sentence after a moment.

"He's an intriguing character."

"My conclusions are very similar." I gave without much effort.

Amanda suddenly turned to face us when I finished. "Unfortunately, we have no choice but to work with him..." She stated with some disgust. "What do you think is the best approach?"

"I will adapt to his personality." Connor declared. "It is in the best interest of the investigation that I avoid conflict and try to accommodate his psychology."

"I will try to establish a friendly relationship." I voiced, taking a slightly different approach to my counter-part. "If I can get him to trust me, it will be helpful for the investigation."

AMANDA v

"More and more androids show signs of deviancy." Amanda disclosed. "There are millions in circulation. If they become unstable, the consequences will be disastrous." She expressed. "You two are the most advanced prototypes CyberLife has ever created... it's a shame we couldn't fit all of the processing capabilities into one memory chip at the time." The woman took three steps forwards.

"If anyone can figure out what's happening, it's you two."

"You can count on us, Amanda." Connor proclaimed.

She began to leave, walking towards a bridge to our left, but then she stopped and turned once more to face us, our eyes ever focused on the woman. "Hurry, Connor, (Y/N)." She stated with complete seriousness. "There's little time."

Then she left.

Processing request...
LOADING... 100%
Re-launching optical inputs...
Returning consciousness to real plane...

Request Complete