Prologue: That Day

Listen to What Hurts The Most by Rascal Flatts, and Here Comes Goodbye by Rascal Flatts, omg they're so sad I just wanna cry. There are lyrics to WHTM by Rascal Flatts in bold, so look out for those.

Kitten Marie out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prologue: That Day

Ciel's P.O.V

FLASHBACK

It was raining outside when mommy called me into her study. I rushed into the room, ignoring the glare she gave me. I stood in front of her desk with my hands behind my back, just like the good little boy mommy wished I was.

She started to speak and as she continued to talk, tears pooled in my eyes and my throat began to close.

"What?" I had asked, my voice shaky, betraying the calm I was trying to display.

"I need you to leave the castle, but only until I'm sure your presence won't threaten my family name."

END OF FLASHBACK

That day, mommy told me that I had to go away for a while....alone. She'd said it was for the greater good of the kingdom if I stayed out of everyone's sights.

When I'd started to cry, she told me I was being very irrational. She'd said that I needed to stop acting like a child, she said children don't cry over such petty things.

I can take the rain on the roof of this empty house

That don't bother me

She had me put me into a carriage and then driven around the entire castle. The carriage rolled onto a small cobble stoned path, the sound of the horses hooves pattering against the stone echoed off the inside of the carriage.

I was then driven through a pathway with nothing but the forest on both sides of the street. The carriage came to a sudden stop, propelling me forward into the seats in front of me. I sat there for a moment, trying to gather my bearings when the door was wrenched open.

I can take a few tears now and then and just let them out

I'm not afraid to cry every once in a while

Even though going on with you gone still upsets me

A man with a black mask across his face grabbed me by the arm and pulled me out. He allowed me to fall to the ground and began laughing as blood trickled down my knee. I groaned as bits of pebbles embedded themselves into the scrape just below my kneecap.

I looked around and realized that there were many others with the man that pulled me out of the carriage. They were going through the my bags and the carriage, they too had masks obscurring their features. I let out a sound of protest when one man stuck his hand into my knapsack.

The man reared back and punched me in stomach, causing me to keel over. I gasped in pain and tried to bring my hands to my stomach, only to have them stepped on as the man pulled his leg and kicked me in the stomach.

There are days every now and again I pretend I'm OK

But that's not what gets me

I looked around for help, only to realize the carriage driver was no where to be seen. I cried out as the man continued to kick me. This went on for what felt like hours until he was pulled off of me by the guy in charge. With one last glance back at me, they sprinted off down the road, leaving me a bloody heap on the ground.