Chapter One: Six Years Later

Just a warning, this will be a short chapter since it's Sebastian's P.O.V, but it'll make sense later on.

Kitten Marie out.

********

Chapter One: Six Years Later

Sebastian's P.O.V

********

RECAP

I wish she knew the pain I felt when she locks me in my room every time guests come over....

What hurts the most

Is being so close

And having so much to say (much to say)

And watching you walk away

I she knew how much it hurt to hear her call me 'it' when talking to the other maids and servants.

And never knowing

What could have been

And not seeing that loving you

Is all I was trying to do

I wish she could just see how much I loved her, and maybe, just maybe....

Not seeing that loving you

That's what I was trying to do

 She'd start to love me too....

********

Today started off as such a beautiful day, the sun was out and there was a cool, gentle breeze.

There wasn't a single cloud in sight.

So how in the world did no one notice the gray clouds gathering around? How did no one notice the trickle of raindrops pelting the top of the carriage?

With a heavy sigh, I looked out the window to see sheets of rain dripping down the windows.

You could here their patters and assaults on the roof of the carriage. If you listened closely it would sound like a pair of drums being played by some inexperienced person.

Like a baby beating on a counter top as they screeched in joy, while you sat to the side and tried to nurse the headache that was slowly growing on your brain.

Annoying.

We'd long since got lost, as the carriage driver couldn't navigate through the heavy rain.

Apparently, the king didn't think I was good enough for a driver who wouldn't become disoriented in a simple rainstorm.

I sighed in frustration and leaned back into my cushioned seat.

I searched through the trees for any sign of civilization, or some form of life. After a while of not finding anything, I was prepared to give up.

Then I saw a faint glow through small openings where the trees weren't quite so leafy.

I banged on the window separating me from the driver and yelled for him to stop. We came to an abrupt halt, almost causing me to crash to the floor, but I wasn't bothered at the moment.

The driver jumped down and ran to the side doors.

He slowly opened one and peered inside, his face full of panic and confusion.

"Thomas, there's a light in those trees right there. Have my men stop and go search around for any threats. If none are found. knock on this door three evenly spaced times and we will proceed from there. Is that understood?"

"Yes sir, Mr. Sebastian sir." Thomas mock saluted.

He gently shut the door before running behind the carriage to the three rows of four horses following behind us.

There were also two guards stopped ahead of us, but they won't be needed for this job. Not yet anyway.

Thomas and my guards exchanged words before each man jumped off their horses, readied their guns, and stalked into the underbrush.

They disappeared into the foliage and all that was left to do was wait.

*******

A/N: Wellz, it's going to end right there and I'll finish it in the next chapter. Until next time.

Kitten Marie out.