Chapter One

School started in 2 weeks and I couldn't stand the thought of another second of my summer vacation being spent doing nothing. That was how it started. My friends and I wanted a weekend get away to savour every bit of our summer break before our senior year began. So, after several days of planning, my best friends, Mackenzie, Marianne, Kayla, Justina, Gianna, and I, packed our bags for the trip of the summer; a weekend in New York City.

On Friday evening we drove to San Francisco International Airport and already our vacation was off to a crappy start.

"Hurry we're going to miss the plane!" Mackenzie shouted as we ran through security, pushing down anyone in our way.

"Well maybe if you hadn't spent 20 extra minutes getting ready to go, we wouldn't have this problem!" Kayla yelled back.

"It is not my fault, you never know if a hot guy is going to be next to you on the plane, 'always look your best,' that's my motto."

"Just shut up and run you two," Justina said.

We made it onto the plane just as they closed the gates and took our seats wherever one was available. The woman next to me was screaming into her phone and it didn't look like she was hanging up any time soon. This was going to be a long flight.

We got off the plane and took a taxi to our hotel. It was getting late so we checked in and went to our rooms to get some sleep for our day of excitement on Saturday. We split up into 3 neighbouring rooms that would be occupied by us for the next two nights. I was with Marianne, Mackenzie was with Gianna, and Kayla was with Justina. Marianne and I said goodnight to the other 4 and entered our room.

The room was much tinier than I'd expected. So far this trip was not going our way. There were two twin beds right beside each other and a tiny washroom with only a toilet and a sink right behind the door. That was the extent of the place. We had to keep our luggage right against the wall -which also happened to be the foot of the bed- and as we attempted to unpack our things, we heard a soft knock at the door. Marianne and I tripped over the bed and bumped into the door as we clumsily opened it up. No one was there but I looked down and found a bouquet of flowers with a note attached to them.

"I saw you boarding the plane and thought you were the most beautiful girl in the world, I hope that I will see you before your stay is over, have a wonderful night -Anonymous"

"Oh my God, Christina! You have a secret admirer!" Marianne exclaimed.

"Well that's much better than 'stalker' so yeah, let's go with it," I said as we got into our beds.

Marianne laughed and fell asleep before saying anything else. I tried to fall asleep too, but the only thing pressing on my mind was who had sent me those flowers, how did they know where I was staying, and what would anyone want to do with me?

______________________

So that was my first chapter, please comment if you liked it and PLEASE vote! I'll try to post as often as I can :)