Chapter Fourteen

Cam and I waited in the lobby for a few minutes before Mackenzie, Shawn, and Justina came down.

"I called Hayes, he should be here any minute," Justina said.

As soon as she finished her sentence, Hayes walked through the door. He walked up to her and pulled her into a deep, passionate kiss.

When they finally separated, Hayes said, "Hey beautiful, I missed you."

"I missed you too, Hayes."

We all left the hotel with our luggages in tow and grabbed the first three cabs we saw, each couple getting into one. As we drove away, I took one last look at the hotel and all of the memories it now held. Cam slipped his hand into mine and said nothing the whole ride there.

When we got to the airport we saw Nash, Marianne, Kayla, Matt, Gianna, and Carter waiting for us. The guys escorted us through the airport to keep us company through customs and everything. When we finally went to the waiting area, my friends and I all sat next to our boyfriends. I looked at how sad my friends were to leave the guys behind -their faces reflected what I felt too. I looked at Cam and he leaned in to kiss me slowly. I then rested my head on his shoulder, a tear running down my cheek regardless of the fact that I'd see him again next weekend. When we were finally called to start boarding I gave Cam a hug that lasted eons and he kissed me one last time. The last thing to part was our entwined fingers as I walked with my tear-stricken friends to board. Cam, Nash, Matt, Shawn, Carter, and Hayes all stood in a row waving at us as we slowly distanced ourselves from them. They too looked shaken up. When it was finally our turn to enter the plane I looked behind me, only able to see the sad look in Cam's eyes over the heads behind me. His eyes were the last thing I saw and they stayed with me throughout the flight. I sat next to Marianne, Mackenzie next to Kayla, and Gianna next to Justina.

"I miss Nash already," Marianne said.

"I miss Cam."

"Why do we have to live so far from them?"

"Luck of the draw I guess."

She giggled at my half-hearted attempt at humour. I wanted to keep things light in the wake of all that had happened. My other friends seemed to be having similar conversations with each other and slowly my eyes got droopy as the one-of-a-kind night finally took its toll on my sleep-deprived body.

In my sleep I dreamt about the amazing time we had had in New York. How just one night had felt like months. Had changed all of our lives. Who would've thought that one quickly planned getaway to savour summer break would've turned into the best night of our lives? I sure didn't.

It's crazy how much can happen in so little time. How one experience can completely alter your life for the better. And how one simple night can spiral into something extraordinary, into a night to remember.

_____________________

THANK YOU TO ALL OF THE READERS OF MY FAN-FICTION I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED IT ILL BE POSTING OTHER STORIES HERE IN THE FUTURE PLZ GIVE THIS A FAVOURITE IF YOU HAD A BLAST READING AND DONT FORGET TO FOLLOW LOVE YOU GUYS 😘