Chapter Eight

"Hayes did you really have to date that psycho?" Gianna asked.

"Hey! Don't blame this on me, she wasn't a psycho when I met her."

"Or she was and you were just too lovesick to see it," Justina muttered, obviously jealous.

"What did you say to her anyways? When I left you two to talk it out," I asked.

"Well, after she kissed me she told me to make sure I didn't cheat on her with any of the -and I quote- 'Envious bitches that wish they were her.' I told her once again that we were done and that I wasn't going to put up with her crap anymore, and that's when she lost it. She walked right into the kitchen, pulled Cam against her, and started making out with him right in front of me to try to prove a point. I didn't care and went off to go talk with some of the other guests. I had been spending most of my time getting to know Justina, and when Reese walked in on the two of us... well, you know what happened after that."

"W-w-wait, back up a little? She made out with Cam?" I turned to Cam, "that's who I walked in on you with?"

Cam went pale, "I didn't know who she was, I never lied. I didn't know she was Hayes's ex, I didn't know her name, and I sure as hell didn't know she was a psychopath."

"Well you must have recognized her as she made her dramatic phone call to 9-1-1 in front of everyone! Why wouldn't you say anything then?"

"I did recognize her. But once I realized that she was whacked in the head after her dramatic repeat of a break up with Hayes, I was too embarrassed to admit that I had made out with her in the kitchen about an hour before. I didn't want anyone to think less of me for kissing her. Especially you."

"You know I wouldn't have judged you. No one would've, we all know she seemed normal when she threw herself at you. It's not your fault, just tell the truth next time, I told you to stop being a coward Cam."

"I know, I'm really sorry for keeping it from you, especially because I have a feeling my now revealed secret could help us get to the bottom of this."

"How so?" Marianne asked.

"Ohhhhhh, I see Cam. Yeah, Reese spiked Christina's drink for taking Cam away from her," Nash said, "and she called the cops knowing Christina would get busted for underaged drinking and lying to a cop since she knew Christina would never suspect that she had actually had a drink. Her plan worked out exactly like she planned. She's an evil genius, I'm telling you!"

"What!? That's insane! She never had Cam in the first place!" I shouted.

"And you're surprised she thought she did because?" Shawn asked.

"True. Nothing she does makes sense anyways. As shown repeatedly throughout the night," Kayla said.

"So how are we gonna find her?" Matt asked.

"Well, what are some possible places she could be? She only left an hour ago." Carter said.

"The most likely place would be her house," the cop -who I'd forgotten was still there- said.

"I'm assuming you know where that is Hayes?" Mackenzie asked.

"Unfortunately, yes," replied Hayes.

"Well, let's get going then, I guess our night just turned into the Reese Scavenger Hunt," Justina said annoyed.

"Does anyone have her full name? I need to put her into our records," the cop chirped up.

"Yeah, her last name is 'Beer'," Hayes informed him.

He wrote down 'Reese Beer' in his notepad and then looked at the 12 of us, "I can't accompany you guys all night, get Reese back to me by 2 AM, I'll be at the station. Until then." He got into his car and drove away.

"Okay Hayes, where's Reese's house?" Matt asked him.

"Connecticut," he said.

"That's a 2 hour drive! We don't have time," Marianne exclaimed.

"Then I guess we'll have to fly," Carter said.

"How long is the flight time?" Gianna asked.

"About half an hour."

"That's doable, but can we make a flight this last minute?" I asked.

"Of course not, don't be ridiculous," Shawn said.

"I'm lost. How are we getting there exactly?" Kayla asked confused.

"We're taking my private jet," Carter said matter-of-factly, "everyone on, we have to hurry!"

Cam and I sat with each other on the jet. I was getting tired so I kissed him before I fell asleep and put my head on his shoulder.

I heard him whisper, "Sweet dreams," as I dozed off.

I was awakened after what felt like only 10 seconds of sleep and I sat up.

"We're here," Cam said.

We all exited the jet and walked up to Reese's door, praying to find her inside. The door abruptly opened and Kayla looked like she was about to faint at the sight of who had answered the door. The guys looked shocked too.

Shawn broke the silence, "Gilinsky?"

___________________________

I hope you all enjoyed chapter 8! Please remember to vote, comment, and follow! :)