Chapter Two

I woke up at around 6 in the morning, only to find all of my friends sitting on Marianne's bed giggling and laughing, I caught the butt end of the conversation and knew they'd been talking about my 'secret admirer'.

"Rise and shine sleepy head," Gianna teased.

"What the hell, it's 6 AM, you're actually judging me for 'sleeping in'?" I asked.

"Listen, stop whining and get dressed, we have to leave now if we're going to get everything done today, we leave tomorrow afternoon so this is our one full day to have some fun," Justina ordered.

"What about breakfast?" I asked.

"And makeup?" Mackenzie chirped in.

"You can scarf down some food on the way Christina, and makeup? Screw the makeup, we don't have time Mackenzie!"

"There's always time to look your best," she scoffed, and with that she left the room to put on some mascara.

"Let's go down to the lobby to wait for Mackenzie, we can all grab something to eat while we're waiting," Kayla suggested.

"Thank goodness, jeez if Justina was our leader we'd all starve to death," said Marianne.

"Hey, I just want to make the best of this trip, without me you'd all spend half the day sleeping."

"Sounds good to me," I said as I lowered my head back onto my pillow.

My head didn't even touch the bed before a pillow was thrown at my face and Justina yelled, "LET'S GO!" As she stormed out the door, clearly expecting us to follow.

We waited in the lobby 20 minutes before Mackenzie came running down -fully made-up- and out of breath.

"Okay, I'm good, let's go!" She said as she grabbed a granola bar from my hand and began to eat it, careful not to smudge her bright red lipstick. She tossed her blonde locks behind her shoulder and lead the way as if she had been waiting for us to get ready the whole time.

Since we were a group of six, each of us chose one place we wanted to see. Marianne chose the Statue of Liberty, Gianna chose Times Square, Justina chose the Empire State Building, Mackenzie chose Bay Plaza -a huge outdoor shopping mall in The Bronx- Kayla chose the Rockefeller Center, and I chose Central Park.

Our first stop was the Statue of Liberty. We took a taxi there and spent half an hour taking pictures in front of it -Mackenzie made it a point to be in all of them- and listened to the tour guide talk about the history of the Statue of Liberty. By the time we finished up and got in the taxi to head to Times Square, it was 8:00, giving us plenty of time to look around.

Times Square was amazing. It was filled with lights, huge buildings, and anything you could dream of doing was probably there. We split up into pairs and decided to meet at the Times Sqaure Ball that they drop on New Years Eve at noon. Kayla and I walked around, shopped, and took enough pictures to last a lifetime. Noon came in no time and we headed towards the ball, seeing Justina and Gianna already waiting there.

"Where are Mackenzie and Marianne?" Kayla asked.

"I don't know, we tried texting them a bunch of times but neither of them responded," Gianna replied.

We decided to wait 10 minutes, figuring they probably gotten lost, but by 12:15, when there was still no sign of them, we started to panic.

"Guys we need to find them, but we also need to stay together because we don't need to lose anymore people, okay?" I said.

"Yeah, sounds good, but we need to be quick because the girls aren't answering their phones and they could be in danger," Justina added.

We began our search through Times Square, stopping in every boutique, salon, and bookstore, figuring the girls would most likely be catering to each other's interests. After an hour of searching and a break for some lunch -Kayla insisted though Justina wasn't too thrilled to be procrastinating- we finally found Marianne and Mackenzie running towards us.

"What the hell were you doing!?" Justina started, but I stopped her before she caused a scene.

"Well?" I asked.

"We were walking back to the ball at the time we agreed on when two guys came running up to us, claiming they remembered us from the plane, and asked for you, so we--"

"They were super hot by the way, holy, see? This is why I look my best," Mackenzie interrupted, "Sorry, continue."

"Anyways," Marianne continued, " We told them you weren't with us and asked them who they were. The guy who was interested in you had brown hair and brown eyes, and his friend had brown hair as well with the brightest blue eyes, he was so hot oh my gosh he--" She realized she was blabbing and continued her story, "The guy looking for you said his name was Cam and his friend said his name was Nash--"

"CAMERON DALLAS AND NASH GRIER!? Oh my lord how are you not dying!?" Kayla exclaimed.

"Cameron who?" Justina asked.

"Ugh, newborn, Cameron Dallas and Nash Grier are Vine/YouTube superstars and they're the hottest guys in the world, well, other than Matt of course, now HE'S amazing," Kayla started day dreaming and we let Marianne continue.

"So, Cam asked me to deliver a message to you and I said I would."

"What's the message?" I asked, now intrigued.

"He said to meet him in Central Park at 7 PM."

I was getting excited, I'd never heard of these guys but I figured Cam was the one who'd sent me those flowers.

"Alright, then we'll get everyone else's attractions done and we'll do mine last since I wanted to go to Central Park anyway," I said.

We got into a cab, and as I looked out of the window, I swore I saw a flash of a boy my age staring at me through the glass before we raced past and he disappeared.

_________________

Please give feedback in the comments, vote, and follow if you're enjoying the story! :)