Chapter Five

"WHAT'S WRONG!?" I yelled, "WHY DON'T YOU GO ASK YOUR NEW GIRLFRIEND WHAT'S WRONG!?"

His face went pale as my words began to sink in and he stuttered, trying to grasp onto something to say.

"First off, she's not my girlfriend," he said.

"Oh like that makes any difference," I spat.

"Second off--"

"Heyyyyyyyyyyy, time of our lives am i right?" I looked up to see Gianna coming down the steps with her top on backwards, a drink in her hand, and a pair of handcuffs around one of her wrists. Carter was right behind her, looking a little dazed.

"Well hello to my lovely guests," he said, and he took Gianna's hand and escorted her onto the dance floor.

"As I was saying," Cam began, "It's not like we were actually a couple, did we make it official? No. So was I cheating? No."

"Well maybe if you hadn't left me to go mack another girl we might've actually spent some time together and we would be a couple," I said.

"The reason I left you in the first place was because I didn't think I was good enough for you, I saw your face when you saw all the guys at this party and I saw you laughing with Hayes by the steps, and I didn't think I mattered to you. We had only spent an hour together. And I was hurt. I wanted you so bad and it didn't look like I was going to get you. So when that girl -yeah that's right, I don't even know her name, that's how much I care about her- came flinging herself at me, I took the opportunity to try to forget about you, to try to get over the fact that I had no chance with you and that I had to move on."

I stared at him in shock, "You're a coward Cam! You didn't even try to talk to me. You wanna know how I caught you making out with that slut in the kitchen!? I was looking for you! I was excited to see you and I wanted to spend this night with you. The time we spent in Central Park were the best 2 hours of my life. You are the sweetest, most down to earth guy I have ever met. You're selfless, caring, attractive, and loving. I knew I was falling for you the minute I met you. Maybe you should have a little more faith in me that I wouldn't give up on us that quickly!" I yelled, "STOP BEING AFRAID!"

"You're right, I'm done being afraid. I'm doing what feels right no matter how scary it seems. I'm doing this."

He cupped my face in his hands and our lips locked. My whole body felt warm and tingly as he traced his hands over my body. Time seemed to freeze and it felt like we were the only two people in the room. When we finally pulled away, I realized my friends had all left us alone and I smiled.

"Was that fearless enough for you?" He asked.

I smiled and kissed him lightly on the lips to answer his question. He smiled back. I knew this was the beginning of something amazing.

A tall guy with brown hair walked onto the stage with a guitar.

"This is an original song guys, it's called 'Life of the Party' hope you enjoy."

He began to sing and Cam escorted me onto the dance floor. I put my head on his shoulder and we danced across the room as the boy continued to sing. The song was beautiful, and when it ended, Cam went up to the stage and introduced me to the singer.

"This is Shawn. Shawn Mendes. Shawn, this is Christina."

"Nice to meet you Christina. Is this your girl Cam?" He asked.

Cam looked at me as if to ask if we were a couple now. I smiled in answer.

"I'm so glad that my answer to that question is 'yes'," he said, smiling at me.

Out of nowhere, Kayla came running up to us and tackled Shawn to the ground, yelling about how much she loved him and how she'd met Carter as well and had just finished having a conversation with Hayes.

"Cam, have you seen Matt? I haven't seen him all night and I love him so much. I promise I won't tackle him to the ground if you tell me where he is," she begged.

"He's in the kitchen," Nash said, as he came up behind us, hand in hand with Marianne. Marianne turned to him and said she was going to find Justina, she planted a firm kiss on his lips and went to find her.

"So I guess you're with Marianne, Nash?" Cam asked.

"Yeah, she's a great girl. I'm so happy I met her." He walked off and Mackenzie and Marianne came running up to us.

"You'll never guess who we just saw making out in the bathroom!" Mackenzie started.

"I was going to find Justina and I couldn't find her anywhere, so I went into the bathroom, hoping maybe she'd be in there for whatever reason, and found her macking Hayes on the sink!"

"WHAT!?" I asked in shock, "I thought they hated each other!"

"I thought so too--" Mackenzie cut off as she noticed Shawn for the first time.

"Hi, I'm Mackenzie," she said.

"I'm Shawn."

She noticed the guitar in his hand and asked, "Do you play? Oh my gosh, guys who play the guitar are totally hot!" She exclaimed.

"Yeah I play, you want me to play you a song?"

"Yes!"

He went up to the microphone and said, "This next song is dedicated to a gorgeous girl named Mackenzie. It's called, 'She Looks So Perfect', enjoy."

He began to play and Mackenzie looked like she was in a land of rainbows and cotton candy. I was so happy for my friends and I. We were all having the best night, nothing could possibly ruin it. Or so I thought.

__________________

That was chapter 5 guys! I really hope you're enjoying the story so far! If you are, please vote and comment! Follow as well! :)