"You handsome idiot." (Fenton x Reader)

AN: Pidge101, I'm not really sure if I like how this came out, but I hope you like it.

(Y/N) would've stayed home if she knew she was going to be caught in the middle of a bank robbery. Having a gun pointed at her was not on her bucket list.

Neither was being saved by a robot superhero either.

But here she was, being carried out of the now on fire bank. She would thank the robot if he wasn't the one that set the building on fire in the first place.

"You need to get a better handle on your gadgets," she said when he set her down on a rooftop. "You could hurt someone."

"I know," he rubbed the back of his neck. "I'm working on it."

The woman gave him a stern look before smiling and sticking out her hand. "Name's (Y/N) (L/N)."

He shook her hand gently, not wanting to break it. "I'm Fe- Gizmoduck." he turned away, scanning the distance. "Well, duty calls Ms. (L/N). I will see you around!"

And then he was gone.

----

A busy month went by for both Gizmoduck and (Y/N). It seemed wherever the woman would go, trouble would follow. And with that trouble came Gizmoduck.

Each save brought the two closer. (Y/N) had to admit she did grow some feelings for the superhero. She couldn't help but wonder what his true identity was.

And then she met Fenton Crackshell-Cabrera.

(Y/N) wasn't paying attention to where she was going, looking at the selfie she took with Gizmoduck when she last saw him. She didn't notice the drake staring, mouth agape, at her until she collided with him. They fell onto the ground, one sprawled on top of the other.

She pulled back to study his face. He seemed familiar, but she couldn't grasp why. His tan feathers were darker around his cheeks and his eyes were still widened in shock.

Suddenly noticing their position, she climbed off him and grabbed her phone. She was the first to stand, already holding out her hand to help him up. He accepted it and she pulled him to his feet.

They stood in awkward silence for a few minutes as (Y/N) checked her phone for damage and the drake brushed the non-existent dirt from his shirt.

"I'm Fenton Crackshell-Cabrea," the drake said, breaking the ice. "And you are, miss?"

"(Y/N) (L/N)," she replied, feeling a strange sense of deja-vu. "And you should watch where you're going." she joked, a playful smile on her beak.

"Excuse me?" he exclaimed in mock offense. "I should say the same to you!"

They glared at each other, before bursting into guffaws that turned heads.

That was the start of a beautiful friendship.

----

Another month went by leaving (Y/N) in a state of confusion. She found herself falling hard for her new friend, Fenton. He was the sweetest, goofiest drake she had ever met.

But she was in love with Gizmoduck too.

She hated how her heart leapt for both of them. And the more she got to know them, the more they seemed to merge into one person. It made her stomach twist with dread.

She was on a walk in the park when she figured out who Gizmoduck was.

(Y/N) found her hand in his and ignored the fear it sent her. She just wanted to enjoy being with the guy she liked. He was talking about the many ideas he had -"Waterproof bread" was her favorite- with a sparkle in his eyes. She just smiled encouragingly.

One moment she was holding his hand, the next she was on the ground, a gun pressed to her back. And just as quick as it appeared, it was gone. She rolled over to see Gizmoduck tying up two beagle boys, their guns crushed on the ground.

Fenton was nowhere in sight.

It her like a ton of bricks; Gizmoduck is Fenton. Everything fell into place like a finished puzzle. She couldn't believe she didn't realize sooner.

Fenton helped her to her feet, then removed his armor. "So, now you know..." he looked up from the helmet in his hands to her. "I'm sorry for not telling you, I just-"

"Oh, Fenton, you handsome idiot," she grabbed the sides of his face and pressed her beak against his. She hardly noticed him drop the helmet and wrap his arms around her waist. After a few minutes of soft kisses, she pulled away. "I love you."

"I love you too."