harrison bader; saint louis cardinals

"Everyone, this is Lydia. She will be working on our physical therapy staff. I expect you all to treat her with respect, seeing as she is one of the only girls who works here and the only one in our PT department." The head therapist introduced me.

It was my first day on the job as one of the physical therapists on the staff of the Saint Louis Cardinals. I didn't watch baseball much, so I wasn't fangirling. I went to Mizzou and got my degree in physical therapy and the Cardinals found me through there. I had only been to Saint Louis once.

As the head therapist left, I laid my eyes on a kind of short, very handsome man with long, curly blonde hair and piercing blue eyes. I didn't come here to fall in love, I thought to myself and started turning around when a hand touched my shoulder.

"Hi, I'm Harrison." Blondie told me and I smiled. "I'm Lydia. Nice to meet you." I told him and began turning around again when his hand was placed on my wrist. "You're gorgeous." He told me and I smiled. "Thank you." I mumbled. I never knew how to accept compliments, I was always really shy.

"What do you say I show you around Saint Louis?" He asked and I agreed. One trip around the town wasn't going to make me fall for him.

Boy was I wrong. He is charming, sweet, caring and incredibly handsome obviously. I want to run my hands through his gorgeous blonde locks forever. I've also learned he's very protective, whether it's a hand on the waist, my shoulder, my back, his hand in mine, or never taking his eyes off of me.

After seeing the arch, the city museum, and some other landmarks downtown, we decided to go to dinner. We were both starving so we picked a Mexican place in Downtown Saint Louis.

Harrison insisted on paying, despite my many, many disputes. I learned through dinner just how funny he was, and his smile lights up the room.

"Can I walk you to your door?" Harrison asked when we pulled into the parking lot of my apartment complex. I nodded and unbuckled my seat belt and started opening the door when Harrison came running to my door, opening it for me. "Thank you." I smiled and he nodded. "No problem."

I walked into my apartment building and got into the elevator to take us to the fourth floor, where I live. We stood awkwardly, the only noise in the background was the elevator music. Finally, it got off on my floor. I led Harrison to my room, 423.

"Thank you so much for everything. I had an amazing time tonight, really." I told him and he smiled. A hair came in front of my face as I looked down at my shoes, but was quickly moved out of my face by Harrison.

He kept his hand on my cheek, slowly rubbing his thumb along my cheek soothingly. I leaned into his touch and he smiled. "Would it be unprofessional of me to kiss you right now?" He asked me. "If it's wrong, I don't want to be right." I joked and he leaned in, kissing me slowly.

It wasn't rushed or aggressive, it was slow and passionate. I don't have much experience with kissing, but I know that this is the best one I've ever had, by far. He pulled away slowly, his hand moving to my waist, tracing circles on my hip.

"I'd love to see you again." He put his forehead against mine and I smiled. "I would really like that." I replied and I melted into his touch as he leaned into kiss me one more time. I don't think this will ever get old.

a/n: this will probably be the last one for a few days!! i go out of town tomorrow and don't come back until sunday afternoon. but my requests are still open! request either in messages or on the first chapter :) hope y'all liked this!