carlos correa; houston astros

"I have to go." Carlos said through the phone. "I'm sorry, but I have a game today. We'll talk later, okay Nani?" He said and I nodded. "Sounds good. Bye Curly." I said, calling him by his nickname. "Bye beautiful." He smiled, causing me to blush as he hung up.

I sighed and laid down on my bed. I met Carlos Correa over Instagram 2 years ago and there's always been a spark between us, but he lives in Houston and I live in Pittsburgh, so not only do they only play the Pirates once every 3 years, but they only play them at PNC every 6.

Carlos and I have always had an amazing connection, but nothing was ever fulfilled because of the distance. I know where I stand with my feelings for him but have no idea how he feels about me.

Tears started pooling in my eyes as I thought about me and Carlos being able to be together, our first time seeing each other. So as I laid in my bed, I did quite possibly the most impulsive thing I've ever done: I bought a plane ticket to go to Houston.

~~~~~

I made sure my seats were right next to the dugout. I arrived at my seat after ordering some food. My heart started pounding after I realized it was happening.

I was finally gonna see Carlos, and not just through a phone.

I had a plan. I was gonna yell "Hey Curly!" when he came out of the dugout because that's my nickname for him due to his cute curly hair.

The crowd started cheering and I looked up to see the team coming out of the dugout to take the field. This was my chance. My heart was pounding and I was so nervous.

"Hey, Curly!" I yelled. Carlos immediately turned around. We made eye contact and I smiled, his reciprocating mine.

"Nani." He breathed out. "Correa! Let's go!" Coach yelled at him and he ran onto the field, but he first sent me a small wave.

My heart was so happy being able to see Carlos in person. When the team came back into the dugout, Carlos yelled my name. "Nani! Meet me outside the clubhouse after the game!" He yelled and ran into the dugout. This was all so surreal, I was finally going to be able to meet Carlos.

The game drug by because all I was thinking about was Carlos. Was he gonna kiss me? Was he gonna hug me? Was he gonna just say hi? Tell me to never talk to him again? That he wasn't interested?

The game finally ended and I practically ran to the clubhouse. I waited for about 10 minutes, which I expected when finally, I saw him. He's real. He's not just over a screen.

"Nani." He breathed out. "It's really you." He said. I didn't know how to react, so I went with my gut. I ran into his arms. I jumped and Carlos caught me, spinning me around, my legs latching around his waist.

He stopped spinning us and I rested my forehead against his. "I can't believe it's really you. It's not just you through a phone." I told him and he smiled.

"It's really you, beautiful. You're here. How are you here?" He asked. "I was upset yesterday, I don't know why but I just knew I had to see you. I couldn't see you through a screen anymore. I had to come see you, to know you're real, to touch you." I told him and he smiled.

"God, you're even more beautiful in person. I can't believe you'd do this for me. I can't believe you're real." He put his hand on my cheek, rubbing his thumb against it slowly. "Can I kiss you?" he asked and I smiled. "I thought you'd never ask." I said and closed the distance, kissing him slowly but passionately.

When our lips finally collided, sparks flew off. I couldn't believe that he was really here, in front of me. "Houston isn't so bad after all, maybe I'll stick around?" I proposed after we pulled away and a huge smile emerged onto his face. "That wouldn't be so bad."

a/n: i love this one, thanks for the request nani 🤩 hope you guys like this one! check out my christian yelich book homesick :)