CH 4: Learning

Start: 24/07/14

After Daphne's shift Loki snd she went out on a walk. They didn't say much in the beginning. But when they reached a park and sat down on a bench Daphne started to explain.

"It was a battle" She said. "Against some trixsters. I and some Valkyries where going for the last ones. But I didn't see it coming. They threw a bomb on the ground and exploded themselves. I was to close and got unconscious"

She took a deep breathe.

"When I woke up they told me that the Valkyries where gone" Daphne said. "They had all died in a battle towards Hela. I couldn't be on Asgard anymore. I had to get out of there. Cause I couldn't live with the fact that I wasn't there when they needed me. So I started a new one. Here on earth"

"But it wasn't your fault" Loki said.

"Maybe not But you don't understand how it feels" Daphne said. "To day after day knowing that you let your friend down. The whole country down. How it feels to be so disappointed of yourself that you can barely wake up the next morning"

Loki took her hands. She turned towards him and looked into his eyes.

"Believe me" He said. "I know"

She nodded and smiled.

"Why are you here?" She suddenly asked. "Why are the princes of Asgard here on earth"

"You might have heard of me trying to take over earth and Asgard" Loki said. "It seems like the some  Asgardians wasn't very happy that I was kept alive"

"So they tried to kill you" She asked.

"Many times" Loki said. "Frigga was the one suggesting that I should go away until everything calmed down. Thor suggested earth but personally I was thinking of Jotunheim"

"Jotunheim?" She said surprised. "But isn't it forbidden for an Asgardian to go to Jotunheim"

"Yes it is" Loki said. "But I'm allowed to go there"

"Why?" She asked.

He thought for a minute.

"Close your eyes" Loki suddenly said.

She hesitated but did it. Then Loki turned his left hand into his Jotunheim shape. He laid his hand on hers.

"How does it feel?" He asked.

"Cold" She replied. "Like ice crystal"

"Now open them" He said.

She opened them and looked at Loki's hand. She studied it without saying anything words.

"You're from Jotunheim" She said.

"Answer honest" Loki suddenly said. "What was your first thought when you found out"

"That everything we learned about the frost giants are wrong" She said. "Not everyone is bad"

When Loki heard the answer he was relieved. She accepted his Jotun shape. That were something not everyone did.

*****

When he came back to the hotel he saw Jane and Thor kissing each other.

"Oh my" Loki said and quickly walked away.

"Loki. You should have knocked" Thor said.

"You're kissing in the living room. I came from the Hall. There is no door in between" Loki said.

"Well let just change the subject" Thor said.

"Jane" Loki said polite and nodded towards her.

"Hi Loki" She replied.

Jane stayed over dinner before she went back to her own place. Loki was reading a book when Thor suddenly came up to him.

"What's up with you Loki?" He asked. "You usually comments everything I say but apparently not today. Why are you so quiet?"

"I'm just thinking brother" Loki said and continued reading the book.

"About what?" Thor said confused.

"Nothing special" Loki replied.

"Ahh I understand" Thor suddenly said happy. "You have met a special someone. Who is she? Have I meet here"

"That's not true Thor" Loki lied.

"Okay. It's a secret. I'll pretend that I know nothing" Thor said laughing.

*****

The next day Loki had his coffee as usual. He watched Daphne serving others people and sometimes he caught her look at him to. At her break she went up to him as usual.

"Is it time to ask my question?" Loki asked.

"Do you have more? I thought you got everything" Daphne said.

"There is one more" Loki said.

Daphne nodded and listened. He took deep breath and tried to calm himself down before he asked.

"If I asked you on a date. Would you say yes?"

Daphne thought for a moment which made Loki really nervous.

"Yes" She said. "I would say yes"

Loki sighed in relief.

"Would you like to go on a date with me tonight?" Loki asked.

"I would love to" She replied.

~~~~~

Thanks for reading!!!