Chapter 4:Godmother Minerva

She took a deep breath before she continued up the Georgian manor house's driveway. The ministry was very excited to give away the address smartest witch of their age.

Hermione knocked on the door. She took a deep breath and tugged her knee high skirt down. It kept creeping up! The door opened up slowly. An old maid stood there in the doorway. Holding a wand. Her black dress with the blue apron.

"Good day, I am here to see Professor McGonagall?"

"Sure, Madam-She is in her study please come this way to the living room." she said sowing her to a large sunny room filled with beautiful dark green sofas. Hermione barely sat when the Professor McGonagall came in.Stopping at the doorway. She regained her senses.

She was dressed in pure black robes as always.

"Miss Granger, what on earth are you doing here?" she asked stately. She walked swiftly to the sofa opposite of Hermione before she went to sit.

"Professor, you raised my Mother Herma Syntel after her Parents died in a car crash. If I am not mistaken you are my Grand godmother. "Hermione answered and watched as the Professor's face grew in shock.

"Miss Granger, where are your evidence. Making such a claim to me without evidence-", she wasn't finish because Hermione gave her the news articles and birth records.

"I was hoping you could tell me who this is?" she asked looking handing her a copy of her father's letters. Minerva shook her head in dismay.

"I am sorry, Hermione, but after your Mother's death he went into hiding. I don't know where is and if he is still alive."

"He is for surely alive if he is writing to me.Can you at least give me a name?"

"Sorry, I can't. It was long ago and I can't remember his name but I tell you he was a gentlemen. He was off Wizard bloodroot pure but reasonably high. I can tell you about you Mother if you would like that?"

"Oh, yes Please Professor."

"Please, dear. Call me either Minerva, or granny."

The two of them had lovely afternoon. They drank litres of tea and ate sandwiches by the dozen. It was later that afternoon when Hermione realised that she was going to be late for dinner. She said goodbye to Minerva and left the Mansion in good spirits.

Minerva on the other hand took it emiadtly to her room. She pulled out her teaching robes. She climbed into them and then walked to the fire place before flooding to her office at Hogwarts.