Chapter Nine:

Saturday

Aj's POV:

Today, Phil's picking me up and taking me to the Chicago Hawks Game, which I believe is hockey. I've never been a fan of watching sports besides wrestling. But he's only trying to be nice.

I put a little make up on, not trying to impress him in any way shape or form. But still trying to look decent.

I slipped my everyday high tops on. And just for the heck of it, I decided to wear my Cm Punk jersey. Along with my black jean shorts.

Aren't I just an amazing supporter?

I sat on my bright red couch waiting for Phil to arrive. I wasn't anxious. I thought of it as an old friendship, which sounds weird, although we never were really friends.

Suddenly my door bell rang, causing me to slightly jump do to the loud sound that echoed throughout the house.

I stood up, brushing my clothes off. "Come in."

The door slowly crept opened, and standing in front of me, beaming was Cm Punk.

In his hands where perfect red roses and a box of chocolates. So original, but satisfying.

"Good afternoon," He giggled, handing me the items.

"Punk, this is our first-"

"Shh- don't say anything," He interrupted, "Just take the gifts."

I playfully rolled my eyes, taking the gifts out of his hand, "Thank you." I sat the items on a nearby table, admiring them.

"Ready to go?"

"Yeah, I'm ready."

As we walked out the door, he grabbed my hand, and it was awkward.

"Maybe we shouldn't hold hands."

" Aj don't you think-"

"No, we shouldn't hold hands," I interrupted, "I'm sorry."

"Okay."

I followed him to his camper like vehicle, already starting bad vibes.

"Chicago Hawks game!" He yelled, notifying the driver.

Wow, it was like a modified limo.

"Got it."

Most of the time we'd sit in dead silence and stare at each other. Or avoid eye contact.

"I still don't know whether I should call you April or Aj." He randomly brought up.

"Whatever's fine."

I took a seat on the rather comfy couch, giving an awkward smile as I did.

"Okay. Sorry, not trying to make things awkward."

"I'm sure you mean more awkward," I joked.

"More awkward? Whatever- you must really hate spending time with me."

"No, I never said that!"

It reminded me of old times. Were we'd have long conversations full of laughter and smiling. Sometimes even crying, when we'd talk about personal stuff.