Chapter 1

Mackenzie's POV
I was sitting in bed on FaceTime with my best friend Arianna. I have known her since we were like 3 and we talk every night and I tell her everything because ever since she moved to la I only see her when I go to visit Mads.

We had been talking for an hour when I got a call from my older sister Madelaine. It was rare that at work Mads would call because she's always busy.

So I told Ari I would call her back and answered Mads call. She answered with a distraught look on her face. I asked what wrong she said it was about mom and dad. They had gone out shopping since my birthday was in a couple days and it been a couple hours and they haven't come back. I was a little worried but didn't think much of it.

Until Mads told me they had gotten into a horrible car crash and died. I started crying. I said "they are dead because of me, because they had to get me a present for my birthday I'm such a selfish brat". Madelaine said don't say that it's not true it's not your fault.

It made me feel better that my sister was cheering me up. She then said since you have no guardian you have to move to vancouver for now and then to la to live with me: That made me feel a little better I mean I would get to see Madelaine, Vanessa and Travis more often maybe even Cami and Lili. I loved them all so much and I would get to see my best friend who I haven't seen in person in a year because Arianna lives in la which meant we would live closer to each other.

But I was still sad my parents were gone just a few days before my birthday. My parents gave up so much for our family and they shouldn't have gone so soon they deserved so much more and I began to break down again I couldn't handle this Madelaine said that she would be there tomorrow to help me pack and bring me to Vancouver .

I said my goodbyes and hung up. I sat in my my bed crying until my eyes started to get heavy and I fell asleep.

A/N I know the first chapter boring but it will get more interesting anyway hope y'all enjoyed and stay tuned for more updates also tell me anything you guys would like to see happen in the book later on 😄💖