I Wanna Marry You

I felt so nervous as I prepared myself for meeting J at the house. It was silly really. He was my love, my everything, but there was so much we needed to talk about, and things that could potentially be life changing for us. The thought of what was to come had me shaking in anxiousness. I checked my hair and make up before I left my apartment, making my way down to my car. My phone ringing had me scrambling in my bag, thinking it was Julian, I picked it up and sighed. "Olivia, hey" I smiled. "Pen" my smile dropped, "what's the matter?" I heard the emotion in her voice just uttering my name. She took a shaky breath before speaking again. "I've had a huge fight with Danny" she squeaked out, and my heart broke for her. "what's happened?!" I gasped, as I climbed into the car. "I-I've been offered a contract with Armstrong's Model Agency..." she began, that was huge. They were the new up and coming elite agency that everyone wanted to be a part of, or work with. This was a dream come true for Olivia. I wanted to gasp in excitement but I felt that really wasn't going to help the situation right now. "okay..." I pushed a little, "but they want me to relocate..." she said, and right there my heart broke too. "oh Liv" I let out a devastated puff of air. "I know Pen...and of course I called Danny, he asked how my day was and obviously I told him...." she sniffled. "he told me he doesn't want to do it... That he can't do a long distance relationship..." she choked out. "and you want to do it?" I asked already knowing her answer. "I-I told him I hadn't made my mind up yet. I need to think about it"
"I guess he didn't take that too well huh?"
"no" she swallowed thickly. "he hung up the phone"
"oh Liv" I sighed. "what can I do?" I asked her, "nothing... I'll be fine..." she sighed, sniffling down the line. "I'm home in a couple of days, I'll have to see him then and talk about this" she sighed. "well I can talk to him too if you'd like, or Julian?" I offered, "how are you guys?" she asked, trying to sound bright. I smiled gently. "okay, well, I went to their practice today, didn't really talk to him much, but I'm going to meet him at the house right now" I said, hearing her giggle, "you guys are made for each other..." she said, "and I bet you stay at the house tonight" she laughed mischievously. I gasped at her, "I dunno about that" I smirked, "I do! You mark my words! You're both all over each other 24/7 as it is. And tonight is make up sex" she laughed, making me scoff. "well same will be said for you come Sunday night when you're back home" I smirked. "huh" she muttered. "I hope so." she sighed. "well sweetie, I'm sorry to have bugged you. Go get your man" she said with another sniffle. "ha, okay Liv. Don't worry, everything will be okay. Call me anytime. Anything you need, you know I'm there. Love you"
"love you too pen." and then I hung up. I took a deep breath and placed my phone in my bag, that sat in the foot well of the passenger side. Then I started the engine and made off down the road to Julian's house.

........

Traffic wasn't too bad when I arrived 30 minutes later to the house. I parked my car in its usual spot and hopped out. I wasn't entirely sure what time he was going to be arriving, but I'd hoped he was already at the house cause I'd left my key there...

Thankfully the lights were on inside and I made my way up to the front door, and knocked. Seconds later, I heard the lock turn and then the door opened. Naturally my heart skipped a beat. He smiled that smile at me and I felt my insides swimming. "why didn't you just come in babe?" he asked, and I blushed. "um, I haven't got my key..." I said, looking to my feet. "oh yeah, well come in" he said, stepping back and letting me inside.

I walked in and out of habit I dropped my bag on the end table and took off my sandals. "you want something to drink?" he offered after closing the door behind me and walking through to the kitchen. "um, just water. Thanks" I said nervously. The house felt like always with him in it, yet I felt like a fish out of water, like I didn't deserve to be here (again). J padded through in his bare feet to the kitchen to grab me a water bottle from the fridge. After a few beats I moved to join him. "food smells good" I said, sliding up onto a stool at the island. "yeah, I picked up a little steak for tonight" he said, taking the food out of the oven. "I wasn't sure what time you'd be comin' so I kept it here to keep hot" he told me, darting over to the oven. "are you hungry?" he asked, looking over his shoulder. I smiled and nodded. "cool" he smiled, opening the oven door. "you want me to set places?" I asked, slipping back off the stool. "I'm, well, I kinda already got that done outside" he said, turning back to me, looking a bit sheepish. "oh" I said, not expecting that. "I-if that's okay?" he added. "sure" I shrugged, "after you" he said, gesturing to his stairs, so I turned away from him and led the way up onto his little rooftop garden.