Elephants

Sorry I've been MIA for a little while, I've not been feeling my writing at ALL lately. Hope this chapter doesn't suck as much as I feel it does...

"One thousand fucking dollars!" I sighed in disbelief as I dropped into the booth at the restaurant we'd picked out for dinner. "It is a lot of money" Jamie stated as she sat opposite me. "But how perfect are the dresses" Amelia sighed. "we could always put some cash in towards them" Allie suggested. I immediately shook my head. "No, guys, thank you, it's a lovely thought, but I would never ask you to do that" I said, shuffling up as Olivia pushed in beside me. "Babe, Jules won't care how much they cost if it's what you want" Nicki spoke up. I shook my head and sighed, "I don't feel comfortable. Doesn't matter how much I love them." I shrugged. "We can go and look for some more while you guys are still around right?" I looked between them all hopefully, and with slightly forced smiles, they all nodded. I knew they were upset for me, but it was only a couple of dresses. Nothing I need to get upset about...

"I fly back in two days time. And my manager scheduled a day of auditions for me whilst I'm here too" Liv said with a sad expression. "I go back tomorrow" Nicki pouted, glancing up from her phone to look at me. "I have another couple days" Amelia smiled a little. I grinned back at her. I was glad to be having a few extra days with her. I'd missed her more than anyone lately. I knew Jamie was back at work as normal and so was Allie. Her museum was holding a huge exhibition this week and I was actually amazed that she was able to have the time to come with us today. "it's okay girls. I'll figure something out" I sighed sadly, dropping my chin into my palm as I leaned onto the table.

"So I can't believe you haven't got your dress yet!" Allie gasped, changing the subject a little. "I know, like our dresses should have been further down on the list!" Olivia nodded. I smiled, sipping my water. "well, I have an idea of what I would like, so there's a starting point I guess." I said, "and what's that?" Allie asked, "please don't tell me you wanna wear white" Nicki said, holding her palm up to me. I paused what I was going to say to Allie and looked at her, "white is meant to be virginal..." She said, adding a smirk to her face. I gasped and flicked her the finger and she burst into laughter. "I was thinking something not too fussy, but I do want a long train and a princessey style shape to it. And a veil." I smiled, feeling my heart flutter thinking about my fantasy dress. "aww" they all cooed in unison.

"has Jules got his suit yet?" Amelia asked, I smiled but shook my head. "he's getting a tux." I smiled. "he's wanting to go in a few days. But he's gotta arrange it with Danny first" I said. "is Danny his best man?" Olivia asked me as she picked at the remainder of her ceasar salad. I flashed a look at Jamie and she was looking at me with red cheeks and a freaked out expression. "well, he's hoping he will be. He's going to ask him tomorrow" I replied to Liv. She looked at me with a sad look on her face and nodded. I swallowed hard and prayed someone would change the subject. I'd noticed how uncharacteristically quiet Jamie was at the table and I hated it. It was my fault she felt this way, because she was here for me and it felt like there was this elephant in the room that I not she dare speak of. Danny. I'd not spoken to Liv at all about him, especially since she'd been back here. She didn't know about him kissing me, about J beating him down, or even Jamie. Fuck this was a mess and I knew I would have to face it soon. But right now I really didn't want to. But with the looks of worry that Jamie kept giving me, and the huge stain of regret on Olivia's face, it was only a matter of time before this was all out of control. But thanks to my sis in law, and my future sis in law; the conversation was guided into a territory that worried me...

"soo when are we going to arrange the bachelorette party?!" Allie grinned widely. "I think that is my job" Nicki said, making my face pale. "I have a few ideas up my sleeve" She winked before sliding out of her seat with her phone in her hand. "where the hell is she going?" Allie asked, as we watched her disappear off with her phone planted to her ear. "I don't wanna know" I muttered, feeling a little nervous. "Don't worry Pen, we'll make sure it's a party to remember" Olivia smirked at me. 

................

"Thank you so much for coming here Nick" I sighed, squeezing Nicki in a hug outside of the restaurant. "Of course! I wouldn't miss it for the world!" she squeezed back. "I can't wait until you marry my big brother" she whispered. I smiled at her kissed her cheek. "have a safe flight back home sweetie" I said, pulling away from her, "I'll call you in a few days" she winked at me. I smiled and nodded and stepped back so she could say goodbye to everyone else. 

I was sad to see her go, I always had a great time with Nicki, and the two days that she had been here had flown by way too quickly. "I gotta head back to work too" Allie sighed beside me. I looked to her and she pulled a face. "My boss is dragging me into work for the meeting at 5" she rolled her eyes. "I'll call you" she told me, hugging me and the rest of the girls quickly. Everyone was disappearing fast and I was sad that my special day was coming to an end. "what are you girls doing now?" Amelia asked the rest of us. "I'm heading to visit my aunt...I haven't seen her since I left, so I'm going to surprise her" Olivia smiled, "perhaps we can schedule a lunch date tomorrow between my appointments?" she asked, looking between us. "Sure!" Amelia beamed a smile, "sounds great" I added, not ready to say goodbye to her just yet. Having her back was feeling so good. "I-I think I'm busy tomorrow..." Jamie said, making my heart fall into my stomach. Amelia flashed me a sad look and I subtly shook my head at her. "oh that's a total shame Jamie, I'd love to get to know you a little more" Olivia smiled at her. Jamie gave her an awkward smile. "well I'm sure we can hang out more the next time I'm in town" Olivia smiled at her, "take care" she smiled at Jamie, pulling her into a cuddle. "y-you too Olivia" Jamie replied, returning the hug. "I'll message you later and make arrangements for tomorrow" She smiled at me and Amelia, giving us a hug before turning to her rental car. 

............

"So is anyone gonna talk about the huge bloody elephant in the room?" Amelia asked as she climbed into my car with myself and Jamie. I looked at Jamie and she sighed. "I'm dating Danny" she stated, looking at her lap. Silence in the back of the car made me turn to look at Amelia. She just looked perplexed "right...and obviously Olivia doesn't know" she said, and I nodded. "ah" she sighed. "but Liv split with him right?" she questioned. "kinda. Well, she wanted to move to Cali, and still be with Danny, but he didn't wanna have a long distance relationship" I said, looking at Jamie. "okay..."

"they've not seen each other since, and then he came back to my place after the shower last night and totally didn't wanna stay." Jamie told her. "he knows Liv has been here. I'm worried he still wants her." she huffed out a breath. "is-should someone tell her?" Amelia asked, looking back at me. I glanced at Jamie and then turned back to the wheel and started the engine. "Penny..." Jamie said. "I know." I sighed. Maybe she wouldn't take it as bad as I was expecting...