What Just Happened?!

"Danny!!" I whispered out in shock after I pushed him away from me. My eyes wide, mouth agape at what had just happened. "I know! I know! I know! I'm sorry! I dunno what that was!" He stared back at me with the same freaked out expression. His hands were in his hair and he turned and began pacing the floor. I just stood frozen to the spot. "I...I...I just...." He waffled, not daring to look at me. "it didn't mean anything, I know that" I said, trying to stay level headed about this. Danny shook his head frantically. "I just...my head is so messed up right now" he said, rubbing his palms over his face. I hated seeing him like this. "look, let's just call it a night, and get some sleep" I said to him, moving a little closer to him, but right now we both felt so awkward, we could hardly look at each other in the eye. I grabbed my purse off the counter and moved toward the door. "thank you, Penny" he said, making me pause in the doorway. I turned to him and gave him a soft smile, "you know we're both here for you. J and I would do anything for you" I said, causing his face to drop. "Jules" He said, fear audible in his voice. "wh-what are you gonna tell him?!" he panicked. "just- just go to bed, and we will deal with it tomorrow" I told him. He nodded at me and wished me a good night. "night Danny boy" I said, and then headed out into the cool night air. What the fuck was I gonna tell Julian?! 

........

The journey back to the house was insanely quick, meaning my cloudy brain hadn't come up with a plan of how I was going to deal with this. I just hoped he was asleep when I got in so I'd have at least until the morning before I had to face him. But, I mean, it's not like either of us had planned on the ki- oh I can't even say it...that we planned on it happening. It's not like it was some sordid affair we were beginning. Danny was just messed up, hurt and I was there for a shoulder to cry on... I just hope that he is understanding about it....Oh god what the fuck was happening right now?!

.........

When I parked the car outside of the house, I looked inside, seeing it was all in darkness, other than the small lamp in the corner of the living area. I frowned, he still could be awake, waiting for me. But I wasn't going to figure that out by sitting in the car, so I grabbed my purse and climbed out of the car. 

I opened the door, poking my head around it, seeing the living room empty. I sighed in relief, the nerves settling back in my body, knowing I wasn't going to have to deal with him right now. I pulled off my flats, leaving them by the door and then made my way up the stairs to our bedroom. 

I found Julian sprawled out in the bed. Flat out on his back, bare other than his tight black briefs, the bed sheet covering nothing but his feet and ankles. His left arm was tucked behind his head, under the pillow, and his right was layed out across onto my side of the bed. I quietly untied my wrap over dress and draped it over the wicker chair in the corner of the room before pulling off my panties and slipping into the bed. 

I pulled the sheet over me and rested my head back onto the pillow. My lids were heavy, despite the fact I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep. But I tried my best to count sheep, knowing I was going to struggle at work tomorrow, but then shuffling beside me, had my heart racing. Julian sleepily rolled over to face me, his muscular arm moving over, to around my waist, pulling me onto my side so I face him. "you're back baby" he mumbled, as his face was squished into the fluffy pillow. He tugged me closer to him still, like he always did, and when he was happy, with my head tucked in against his chest; his large hand drifted down to my bum, cupping my ass cheek, as he fell back to sleep. 

........

The morning came around all too soon, but gladly, J was already out for his morning run when I awoke. I slipped out of the bed, and padded over to the bathroom to turn on the shower. As I sat on the toilet, waiting for the water to warm up, I noticed a rose laying on the counter top. I frowned, wondering where it had come from, so, when I'd finished doing my business, I moved over to find a note scribbled on a scrap of paper underneath the flower.