Christmas Eve Part I

My phone vibrated again  and I turned it over to silence the call. It was Christmas Eve and I relented and went into the office to send a few emails and sign off some of the work that my team had completed. I know I didn't exactly have to go in and do this right now, but I'm gonna be honest here; since 4 nights ago when I told Julian we could start trying for a family after the wedding, he was more insatiable than ever. And trying to sate his lust usually was a task in itself. So I was happy to take a few hours out and seeking solace in my office was heaven right now. Or I really wouldn't be able to walk properly at his mums tomorrow...I swear he just heard 'We can try for a baby' and ignored the 'after the wedding' part. 

Anyway, it was only 12 noon and I was about done. I decided to take the bus this morning. I'm not entirely sure as to why, but hell did I regret it when I looked out of my window. I scrambleled for my phone and saw the 16 missed calls from Julian. 

"Thank god you finally picked up babe" Julian huffed in relief. "why the hell didn't you answer my calls?!" He threw the next question at me before I even had chance to breathe. "I was busy J!" I cut in before he got another snap at me. "well I was calling you to tell you to get home! There's a blizzard comin! But I guess it's a little too late huh!" He sassed at me. I rolled my eyes and stayed quiet, "now stay there and I'll come get you" he said, more softly this time. "god knows what you'd do without me short stack" he mumbled at me, "shut up" I huffed at him making him chuckle. "see you soon bubs" he said, hearing his smile, and then he hung up. 

.........

45 minutes slowly ticked by. My stomach was growling as I'd skipped on breakfast, and it felt like forever since Julian had said he was coming to get me. But finally he arrived, bursting through the door with a puffed out chest and hands on his hips. "your Captain America is here!" he bellowed, failing miserably to hold back a smirk. I rolled my eyes at him, "you know I'm an Ironman girl" I sassed him and he scoffed at me. "Come ooon  Penny, we've been through this! Cap is waaay cooler" he whined at me. "you only think that because Evans is a Pats fan" I replied with another eye roll. Julian's expression turned to one of surprise and he shook his head. "whatever. I brought food" He said, changing the subject. "I know we could have eaten at home, but I figured you wouldn't have had breakfast and would be starving" he said, moving over to my desk, dropping the paper bag onto it, sending my heart racing. "and yes, I got you your favourite" he added, looking at me with a smile "am I the best husband ever?" he smirked. "ugh, I love it when you call yourself that" I sighed at him, biting my lip. "even if you're way too premature" I added, He chuckled but shrugged, "the only time I am" he winked and I face palmed. "gimme that sandwich" I chose not to reply to his inappropriate comment and hastily unwrapped my Turkey and stuffing breadcake. 

.........

"you really are the best fiancé ever" I sighed contentedly, as I wiped my fingers on my napkin, chewing on the last bite of my sandwich. I threw the paper into the bag and Julian did the same, before throwing that into the bin beside my desk. "come here and show me" he said, bending his crooked finger at me to beckon me over. I sent him a smile before giggling lightly as I slipped off my desk and moved the few steps to where he was sitting on the other end of it. 

I slipped between his thick thighs and raised my hands to cradle either side of his face. "I love you" I whispered before pressing a kiss to his soft smooth lips. "I can't get enough of you Penny" he whispered back at me after I broke away. "that's good to know" I smiled at him, making him give me a gentle smile. "I literally count down the days til you're my wife. Every morning I wake up and mentally check off each day." he confessed. "you're too sweet" I smiled up at him, reaching up a little to press another kiss to his lips. "Bet you can't understand why I was single when you met me huh"