ꫂ twenty nine

"Why are we here at a movie theater?" Mark wondered despite agreeing to be here in the first place

Just one moment they were both panicking at the fact that they may have ruined their timeline, and now the both of them are waiting in line to get tickets to watch a movie. Is this some kind of coping mechanism?

"It's a canon event, Mark." Donghyuck said, fidgeting with his phone. "Lucas invites me to watch movies, Jungwoo will be with him, and I will bring you with me because there was no way in hell I want to be a third wheel."

With his ex-boyfriend at that.

But while he was thinking how awkward it would be in an alternate situation where he joined alone with the two, Mark, on the other hand, noticed something else. "Mark?"

Calling his own name made Donghyuck face him with a judgemental expression. He then shrugged it off and went on with the topic. "Anyway, take this as us coping with the things that we are going through. Let's just enjoy today, Mark."

"Mark." Hearing his name made him scoff. Mark never knew he'd ever get annoyed having the younger one call him by his government name.

"That's... Your name?" Donghyuck had his brows furrowed at how the other was making it a big deal. "What did you want me to call you, Bro?"

Bro? Oh, that was testing him.

Crossing his arms across his chest, Mark stood behind him in the line looking pissed. "Are you upset?"

Fuck. Donghyuck reacted violently inside his head. He couldn't be that obvious, how did he know? He quickly covered it up with a laugh. A nervous one, that is. "Me? I'm perfectly fine!"

"You're definitely upset." A hundred percent sure, Mark made it a statement.

"I'm not. I want us to enjoy today and not think of other problems." Seems like Donghyuck is the one that needs to listen to his own advice.

"Or we can fix it by talking about it." Mark told him, not wanting to just let this slide because it'll bother him even more.

"What is there to talk about, Mark?" Donghyuck mentally cursed at how this guy had to be too good in reading him like he was an obvious cover in a book.

Pondering about it, Mark decided that he should guess rather than forcing the other to tell him about it. "Is it still about Chiro?"

"We both decided to agree that he existed in the first place because we were trying to change the past." Explaining it to him, Donghyuck was dreading how the line was moving slow and why his ex-boyfriend was taking too long to arrive. "And our theory is making sense because why on earth does his parents look like ours and Chenle's kid? That only meant that they weren't going to exist in our timeline if we continued changing it."