Chapter 2

Castiel does not knock on the door directly in front of him. He simply turns the knob and inches it open with extreme caution. Like he has done many times before. Once standing fully in Dean's room he pushed the door closed behind him just as delicately as he had opened it.
It's just after 2 AM and the moon is full enough to shine a sliver of its light through the small window just above Dean's bed.
The Angle's mouth falls slightly open as he stares at the amazingly beautiful view he now has of Dean. Castiel lets his eyes start wondering. Dean is laying on his stomach with both arms up under his head as a pillow, revealing his tan, lean and muscular arms flexing with every tiny move he makes. Castiel smiles a little at the sight of his very own handprint engraved on Dean's arm. A permanent reminder of when he first laid eyes on Dean's soul. The first time he touched Dean's skin. The first time he wrapped his arms around him. Dean's back is sleek and toned and is as smooth as butter. Nothing on his body but a dark gray pair of boxers that made his ass look ever so inviting. Strong legs tangled in only a thin sheet. Castiel wondered how shin muscles could possibly be so pronounced that you can see them through a sheet? Dean stirred in bed for a moment and then turned on his back. His face in full view for the first time. Castiel goes weak at the knees. This man's jawline could cut glass. The moon highlighting every freckle scattered across his nose and cheeks. The Angel would give anything to be able to lay next to Dean all night and count them all, to know the exact number. Castiel's eyes move on, still wondering. Dean's abs are not as pronounced as they use to be but he can still see the outline that leads to his hip bones. Gorgeous hip bones. Castiel has had many private thoughts about those hip bones. From simple thoughts like walking up behind Dean and resting his hands on his hips or walking down the street embracing each other with Dean's arm around his neck and Castiel's arm around Dean's hips. To more complex thoughts involving both of Castiel's hands-on Dean's hips helping him move in rhythm with their bodies telling Dean to go faster and deeper. Dean stirred once more. This time the movement was enough to snap Castiel out of his inappropriate thoughts and fling him back to reality.
After just a few steps Castiel approached the edge of the bed where Dean was laying. The bunker rooms were not large by any means but it often felt like it took an eternity to get near Dean. Castiel knew it was his secret longing to lovingly touch Dean that made this feeling emerge no matter there distance apart.
Dean let out a blood curtailing pain filled scream. His whole body jolted, leaving him sitting upright in bed. Eyes still closed, lost in his nightmares. Castiel rushed to kneel on the bed directly in front of Dean cupping the man's face in his hands. One hand on each of his cheeks. He knew he didn't need that much physical contact. He could use two fingers on the forehead. Hell, if Dean's body was broken he could heal him just by hovering his hand over his body. However, Dean was being emotionally tormented and needed all the help he could give him and Castiel was not going to take a chance on a bad connection.
He closed his eyes to concentrate and get his grace transferred to Dean. He could feel his graces energy flow through his whole vessel. He then focused all the energy his grace had to gather in his hands he pushed it out and through, entering Dean's head. He immediately felt Dean's body relax and without moving his hands from his face, carefully lowered him back on the bed into a sleeping position. Castiel opened his eyes. He had to see him, to look upon him. The initial surge of grace was enough to calm Dean's body but Castiel could certainly feel the struggle still within his head.
Castiel disconnected himself from Dean. He removed his body from the bed and turned away. That was to close. Dean could have woke up when Castiel flung himself on the bed or when he placed his hands on his face. Castiel knew he got lucky. He slid one hand down his face and around his neck. Clearing his mind. Centering himself. Dean's body was at rest but Castiel still had a great deal of work to do and he was already fatigued. He did not need to be distracted as well.

It took Castiel only minutes to fully clear his mind and center himself. He slowly turned to face Dean once more. He was still lost in dreams and had not moved an inch from the position the Angel had carefully placed him in. Looking at the beautiful human in front of him, he made a surprisingly bold decision.
He walked with quite hast to the opposite side of the bed. He removed his tan trench coat and deposited it on an armchair in the corner of the room. With great deliciously the Angel crawled in the bed and laid side by side to his human. With both men on their backs and arms brushing, Castiel slid his hand in Dean's and intertwined fingers. Holding Dean's hand made him feel stronger and braver. Somehow made his grace feel recharged and empowered. Tonight would be the night Castiel would rid Dean of his nightmares for good. Take away that pain. Even if it meant giving Dean his grace.
Never had he said it out loud but aching to before he loses his nerves, he whispers...
"I love you, Dean."
Tightening his grip on Dean's hand, he whispers...
"Anything for Dean Winchester."
Castiel closed his eyes and let his grace take over his vessel.