Chapter 37

Sorry this took a little longer, I'm working on like 5 different fics rn

~~

"Why won't he wake up?" I asked as I sat next to Mikey.

"His body is trying to recover," Frank said.

I sniffled as I held Mikey's hand.

"Did you tell my family he was here?" I asked.

"No and you have to tell them that he just arrived last night," he said. "Just so that way they don't ask any questions and suspect anything."

I sighed, closing my eyes.

"You need to leave," I said quietly.

"What? Why?" He asked.

"Leave, Frank, I don't want you here," I said. "I don't want to see you."

"Baby--"

"No, Frank, I can't do it," I interrupted. "I can't lie for you and I can't be with you."

"Y-you're leaving me?" He asked quietly and I nodded. "No, Baby, please, please don't do this, please don't leave me. I love you."

I shook my head and Frank looked at me sadly before leaving. I sniffled and looked at Mikey with a sad sigh before I picked up my phone, calling my parents.

"Mom, I'm at the hospital," I said. "Someone tried to rob the house last night and Mikey was hurt, he's in the hospital."

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"He was shot by the robbers and he's in the hospital," I said.

"Oh my god, oh my god, I'm coming down," she said before hanging up. "I'll be there as soon as I can, I just have to get out of work."

I sighed and called Jamia next.

"Mia...I need you," I whispered. "I'm with Mikey at the hospital."

"What happened?" She asked.

"It's a really long story," I mumbled. "I'm gonna need to move back in with you."

"Yeah, yeah, of course," she said. "But we're definitely gonna need to talk later. I'm gonna come right now."

I hung up and looked at Mikey sadly. Jamia ended up arriving first and she held my hand.

"Is he okay?" She asked.

"Yeah, that's what they say," I said.

My mom came into the room in panic, hurrying to Mikey's side.

"Oh my god, who did this to him?" She asked. "We need to get them arrested."

"I don't know who it was," I said.

Frankly I just wanted to drop all of this, I didn't want to get caught up in the mafia more than I already was.

"How could someone come in to rob you guys and hurt my poor baby?" My mom asked. "He was just staying over for a fun weekend."

I sniffled, looking at Mikey sadly. This was all my fault. I should've been there alone, they didn't know that Mikey was going to be there too. He was hurt because of me, he wasn't meant to be part of this at all. I shouldn't have invited him over, I'm the reason he was shot.

We stayed with Mikey until it got late and I sniffled, resting my head on Jamia's shoulder.

"You two should head home and get some rest," my dad said. "We'll stay with him and let you know if anything happens."

I nodded and Jamia and I got into her car. We drove back to the apartment and I let out a groan as I sat on the couch.

"What's wrong?" She asked. "Did you get hurt too?"