five

One week before Vans Warped Tour, 2014 (three years later.)

"Now, this is your second run on the Vans Warped Tour, and you're predicted to have a third year on the cross-country tour. How does it feel to become a regular Warped Tour name?"

"Well," I started, my hands folded calmly in my lap. I was fidgeting, which was perfectly alright because for the first time in weeks, there was no camera. Just a good old fashioned microphone and a routine Alternative Press reporter.

"I have always kept up with Warped Tour. Ever since I was a kid, I've always wanted to go, and now I can! Except I'm performing, which is like a whole new level for me." I smiled, brushing my platinum blonde hair behind my ear.

Things had been going wonderfully, at least for the band. We had just got off of our European headline tour, and Warped was just around the corner. Flames to Dust had become one of the biggest names in the alternative scene in this decade, and I loved it. I had become quite the character since I was sixteen. I had a whole new branding.

"And you're nineteen now, right?" The reporter asked. I gave him a nod and flashed him a soft smile.

"Yes, well, nineteen next week."

"You started off your music career very young. What was it like to grow up in that environment?"

This question came up a lot. People always wondered how I did it. How I survived. Of course I never told them how I did it. "Oh, I slept with old pedophiles in order to book tours and my father signed us to Warner Music because I was a privileged child!"

"Well," I started. "It was stressful. Lonely at times, but I always had the band with me. Noah, Eric and Spencer have been the best band mates I could have ever asked for."

"And you've been dating Spencer since highschool, am I correct?"

I laughed, my hands twirling knots in my flared out holographic skirt.

"Yes, I met him on my first day of school. He's wonderful, and I'm so grateful to have had him around for this long."

The reporter seemed pleased with the information he had gathered, and began to reach over to shut off his tape recorder.

"It's been a pleasure catching up with you, and best of luck on Warped Tour. You can catch Kathleen Hill and the rest of Flames to Dust all summer long on the Journey's Left-Foot Stage!"

He clicked the recorder off and began to pack his equipment into his hazel brown messenger bag.

"Thank you so much for the interview, Kathy." He sighed in relief. These interview jobs were hard, especially at this time of year, and the man seemed stressed. Warped stressed everyone out.

"No problem, Kelvin. Any time." I gave him a reassuring grin as he threw his black leather jacket on. I stood up, nearly forgetting to balance in my thick platform boots. Kelvin waited for me at the doors of one of the many offices in the Alternative Press headquarters.

"Until next time." He held the door open, guiding me out.

This was the last interview until the start of tour, and AP was rushing to interview every band on tour as fast as they could. It was getting late though, and I assumed that poor Kelvin must be done his work by now.

"Are you clocking out?" I asked before leaving him to finish his tasks. Kelvin shrugged, his shoulders tired from a very long day of asking questions.

"Unfortunately, no. I've got one more band."

"Who?" I tilted my head, resting my shoulder in the blue door frame.

"Waterparks." Kelvin answered. "They're a smaller band, first year on tour."