Chapter 11: Toothless......or so he thought.

SURPRISE! ANOTHER UPDATE!

Hiccup's POV.

I walk cautiously with the shield in front through a gap between two rocks only to become stuck.

I look down at the shield, annoyed.
Oh for the love of—....ugh, Only I could do this.....
I pull on it but it won't budge so I warily go underneath it, the only access way available. I give one massive tug on it after I stand up.
Nope, it's stuck. Just my non-existent luck.

C'mon, dragon, where are you? I look around for it, the fish in my right hand.

I spin to see the dragon approaching me, I gasp. I walk backwards slowly.
Uh-oh.
It slowly sniffs me and the fish, I hold the fish out to it, trying not to faint. It reaches towards it.

It retreats suddenly. I look to see where the dragon is glaring.
Oh. The knife.
I brush aside my vest.

I hover my hand over the knife and the dragon growls. I remove my hand at it calms down. I quickly grab the knife and drop it to the ground. The dragon makes a gesture with its head so I kick the knife into the water with a splash. Once the dragon watches the knife sink it relaxes, acting friendly.

I hold the fish out again. The dragon moves towards the fish from my hand, slowly. Its...or maybe his... mouth is toothless.
What? Toothless?!

"Huh. Toothless. I could've sworn you had..."

The dragon's teeth suddenly pop out of his gums and he snatches the fish from me, chomping it in half.

" ...teeth!"
The dragon approaches, sniffing me.
"Uh, uh, no, no. No. I-I don't have any more." I try to tell him, umm I mean, It.

The dragon stops, then begins to.... gag? I'm pressed up against a rock.
Is it choking?!

Up comes the back half of the fish. In my lap.
I sit there awkwardly. The dragon sits back, I know he's a boy now. I sort of had an idea since the start, when I let him go. It just felt natural to call him a boy. Like some sort of, I don't know,instinct.

He gestures to the fish, by looking at the fish then me.
I look down at the fish then at the dragon. Then I realise.

Oh, come on!

I slowly raise the fish to my mouth and take a bite.
Ew! Oh, I should of stayed home.

"Mmhmm!" I hum, as if to say "Yum" and gesture to the fish, with my mouth full of disgusting fish.

The dragon fakes swallowing and my arms fall, I let out an exasperated sound.
YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME LOKI!

I swallow, using my fist when it tries to come back up, and try to get rid of the taste. "Bleh!" I mumble. I then awkwardly smile at the dragon, whom I've now decided to refer to as Toothless, because it makes sense. I don't want to refer to him as the dragon, or the Night Fury because it's too long and annoying. And also, the name Toothless is also nice and simple and it makes sense.

Toothless tries to return my smile, looking quiet cute actually.

I get up and reach towards him and he snarls, before flying away.
Meh, I understand.

I watch, interested, as Toothless ignites a small patch of dirt and sleeps on top of it.

--------_____——_------------____----——
Thanks for reading!