39.

Sawyer's P.O.V

"He wants to talk." Chaz says opening the office door for me.

Inside waited my boss. Bates.

"Sawyer, please, come in." He greets kindly. I walk in slowly and take a seat across from him. He had just gotten off the phone with someone. It looked like Niall's phone so maybe it was Lillie. Hopefully she was okay.

"Cigarette?" He offered. I shake my head, my guard on high alert. I notice a gun on the desk between us. "Well Sawyer, I'm disappointed in you. You've been so loyal to us through out the years. What changed?"

"I finally woke up." I say through gritted teeth.

"Oh don't be so melodramatic. Was it the girl? Lillie? I did a little research on her. Well more on her boyfriend, Niall Horan. He's got quite a reputation. He'd make a great addition to are business."

"He would never in a million years. Especially what you put Lillie through!"

"You mean what you put Lillie through. Your the one who brought her here, who convinced me to buy her."

"Yeah but-"

"Honestly Sawyer, I don't understand you. You think you can justify all your years work here with helping these people?" He gets up now turning his back to me, looking out the window.

"No, no I don't. But I had to try."

He turns around when hears a gun being cocked back. I stand about five feet away with the gun pointed at his head.

"Damn," He says looking a bit too relaxed. "I was really hoping to see how this ended."

I look at him confused but don't loosen my grip on the gun.

"Hope she was worth it Sawyer."

"Go to hell."

Bang

I run out clutch the gun ready for anything unexpected. I fumble to try and redial Lillie.

"Hello? Niall?"

"No-no it's Sawyer, I only have a few seconds." I say whispering and out of breath. "Where are you Lillie?"

"Where am I? Where are you! Where's Niall?"

"He's fine. I'm on my way to busting us out of here. Are you okay? Who are you with? Actually never mind, go to my cabin and wait there. We'll meet you there-"

I'm suddenly cut off by a stream of gun shots. I curse under my breath flinching a little.

"Sawyer? Sawyer what's going on!"

I hear her muffled voice gush. I round the corner and follow where all the noise is coming from. I look out the window and see someone shooting at the building. Who ever it was, they knew what they were doing. I couldn't see whoever it was from here but they weren't fucking around.

"Sawyer!" Lillie yells breaking my train of thought.

"W-We're being attacked and I don't know by who-"

I drop the phone when I feel someone tap on my back. I whip around, ready to shoot but sigh in relief when I relies who it is.

"Woah, take an easy, it's just us." Zayn says. Niall followed behind him. "Who the hell is that?"

"I've got no idea. But whoever it is they know how to handle a gun. He's out number yet he's kicking-ass."

"We got to get out of here."