Mad Love (Part 1)

https://magicalthoughtsendinterriblefics.tumblr.com/post/157171482663/mad-love-request?is_related_post=1

The Holmes family, a family of six strange individuals with very unique characteristics each. The father, who could be considered the most normal one and a true romantic; the mother, who was a math genius before becoming the mother of four little freaks: Mycroft, Eurus, Sherlock and (Y/N).

Mycroft was a brain just like his mother, and at his adult age he was the British government on his own. Eurus was the psychopath one, presumably dead by then. Sherlock was a scientist, a philosopher even, and the world's only consultant detective while his twin sister, (Y/N), worked as forensic investigation along with Greg Lestrade.

Sherlock couldn't be prouder of his twin sister, because "someone needed to show the British police how to do it properly". Meanwhile, Mycroft was a little reluctant about her choice of career because it was quite dangerous. But the Holmes Twins loved danger and were too stubborn to change their minds once they got an idea inside their heads.

It was known that once they got together, there was not a single case that could be left unsolved – except for the unsolved ones, but they refused fervently to talk about those – and so they got involved in all kinds of trouble together.

She was the only one Sherlock actually gave credit too. Mostly because they were basically the same and denying her cleverness would be equal to denying his own cleverness, but also because she was his best friend, companion, partner in crime, and every other brotherly-term one can come up with.

However, no matter how alike they were, (Y/N) had traits so different from her brother that people liked her better. Yes, she was sassier than him, but she was also kind, fun, cheerful at times and more humane.

While Sherlock spent his time looking for clues and John saving the victim's, (Y/N) would try and stablish a psychological conjecture between the possible suspects and the crime. It was her talent for empathy that got her to solve loads of cases on her own before joining the police. In fact, she had been recognized for actually convincing the criminals to go by their own feet and confess their crimes – "It's all in the choice of words." She would say.

That was exactly what got them there.

She already knew about Moriarty, who showed a sick obsession with her brother, and so while Sherlock was trying to solve the last puzzle of his great game, (Y/N) managed to get to the swimming pool, where Moriarty and John were already at, five minutes before Sherlock.

She was hiding, confident that Moriarty wouldn't suspect of her being there. She heard the conversation being held by Sherlock and Moriarty, instantly noticing his death wish and the madness on his voice, yet, she didn't feel disgusted at all.

Eventually, she showed herself. Moriarty was a lot better looking than she had expected, but she kept her head cold and focused on saving her brother's arse once again.

"(Y/N) Holmes, pleasure to meet you." She introduced herself, walking closer to Moriarty without fear. She knew he wouldn't hurt her because it wasn't part of his plan – his plan must be followed exactly as it went, and an alteration would result in chaos inside his mind.

She extended her hand and Moriarty took it like the gentleman he was supposed to be.

"James Moriarty, the pleasure is mine." He said, with his eyes focused on hers. He leaned down to kiss her hand softly. Sherlock and Watson shared a strange look.

"I'm sure you are aware of the reasons as to why I'm here." She spoke.

"I'm afraid so." Jim smirked, "And I'm sure you know I can't let you take him away."