one

the picture above is the main character, noah. the story is mainly told from her pov (:

i wake up to the sound of what i figure are gunshots. it's honestly not that strange, in the south side, it's better than an alarm.

i roll over and check the time on my phone, seeing i overslept for the first day back to school. fuck. i wanted things to be different this year, i wanted to look good the first day back, maybe i can rush...

i pull on the outfit i had picked out the night before. it was a simple white off the shoulder long sleeve, paired with a jean skirt that fit my curves nicely. all from the local thrift shop!

i put on light makeup since i basically had no time and didn't want to be late

i put on light makeup since i basically had no time and didn't want to be late. i make my way downstairs and greet my drunken mother, telling her she'll be fine without me home for six hours. i take the car keys and start the old thing that i found at a dumpster facility.

i finally get there and i see my bestfriend debbie. debbie gallagher. she's an amazing friend, and strong! her family is kinda nuts.. i wouldn't even know where to start.

i hug her. i notice she's pregnant. again. "oh my god debbie." all she can say is "i know." she didn't seem as excited as she was for franny. she tells me she can't support this baby, and that she's gonna get pushed down the stairs by carl. hmm i wonder what's up with him.

"bye debbie, we can hang later?" she nods as i walk towards my locker. i put some stuff away after looking at my schedule and head to my homeroom. i look around for familiar faces, only one person i could recognize, a guy named jake. i wave at him, he gestures for me to sit in the abandoned desk on the left of him. "hey!"

"hey noah! how have you been recently?" i can tell i just furrowed my eyebrows, being uncomfortable at the question, "honestly not so good, my moms paranoia is worse than ever and the doctors wanna put her in a home." he seems shocked, i think he would've been fine with a simple, im good thanks.

"gosh i'm sorry noah, if there's anything i could ever do.. here's my number." he starts to write on a ripped off piece of notebook paper, he hands it to me, i smile... i never realized how cute he was.. damn. the bell rings and i walk to my chemistry class. shit! i forgot my textbook.

i see carl. carl fucking gallagher looking me up. i chuckle and sit down in the stool next to him. i explain i forgot my book and he takes out his for me to share with him. he's grown up..

i feel myself clench my thighs together for friction, which i didn't even know i needed. he licks his lips while the teacher starts talking about responsibilities, not trying to do it seductively.. but damn it was affecting me. i wouldn't even know what i would do with him.. i'm a virgin, i've never done any drugs, but i do drink on occasion, since my aunt veronica basically owns a bar.

i feel him breathe on my shoulders, i get goosebumps. he whispers in my ear, "this is so boring, i'd rather hang with frank!" i laugh unintentionally, grabbing the teacher's attention. "is something funny ms chavez?" "no just remembered something." i've never lied to a teacher before. carl mouths 'sorry.' i just shrug.