Chapter 6

I stood in the middle of Xander's room nervously while pulling the side of my shirt. We had just arrived a few minutes ago and I had refused to speak or look into his eyes. He was standing in front of me with his arms crossed and his eyes throwing daggers at me.

"I'm going out to get you your stuff and buy some new stuff for your new life here," he stated irritatedly.

"So you're leaving me alone?" I asked, my brain had immediately filled up with ways of leaving this house.

"No, your brother Alex and his mate Elena is coming to take care of you."

"I don't need a babysitter," I hissed.

"Well, I don't care," he muttered.

He stepped closer to me and tried to kiss me goodbye but failed as I moved my head to the side. He sighed and stepped back.

"I love you mate," he told me then turned around and walked away.

A soon as he opened the door Elena and Alex walked in with grins on their faces. I rolled my eyes and dropped my weight on the body.

"Alex, be a sweetheart and bring me and your sister something to eat," Elena told my brother and quickly pecked his cheeks.

Alex nodded and gave me one last grin before walking towards the other room. Elena ran from the spot and sat next to me on the couch. I tried to move away from her but she pulled me towards the side of her body.

"I know you're leaving with the vampires," Elena whispered.

My body frost instantly and my eyes widened in fear. If she told Xander about the plan he was going to make it impossible for me to leave and also he would become even more possessive. I've heard of human's leaving their mates making the mate's wolf take full control of the body. Once they found the person they wouldn't let them leave, the would either chain them somewhere or in some cases chain them to themselves.

"Don't worry your secret is safe."

"How did you know?" I asked slightly choking on my words.

"My friend Geovana heard you. She sometimes goes to that human restaurant, one of the only werewolves to do that. She was in the booth behind me." She whispered.

"What are you going to do?" I whispered frightened.

"I'm not going to tell Alex, he would tell Xander and that is going to be a problem. But I need you to give a chance to Xander, pretend to be in love with him and you will eventually fall in love with him and I know that won't make you leave. Every day, at the Alpha duties Xander and Alex see each other. If I hear Xander complaining that you don't love him and treat him cruelly, I'll tell Alex our secret," Elena threaten me.

It would only be for a while, then I can leave. If I manage to convince him that I am in love with him and that I accept him he is even going let me do more stuff and go out more.

"Okay," I nodded slowly.

It was just going to be a while, I wasn't going to fall in love with him.

I hate him.

"Perfect," Elena squealed while pushing herself away from me. She gave me a bright smile which showed some of her canines.

Just then Alex walked into the room with a tray of sandwiches. He grinned glad to see his mate happy, especially because she was talking to his brother. I gave him a forced smile. He placed his body in between Erica and me and placed the plate on his legs.

"Here you go ladies," he grinned.

We each grabbed a sandwich and started munching.

"I'm so glad you two are getting along, I knew that eventually one of these days you were going to talk to each other, the luna and beta female best friends," I slightly choked on my sandwich as Alex spoke but forced it down my throat,"I'm so happy."

"We were just talking about Xander, Emma wants to give him a chance. Right, Ems?" Elena said in a chippy voice, manipulative girl.

"Mhm, yeah, totally," I repeated.

"I'm glad sis," Alex said while throwing his arm around my shoulder.

"Emma we should go shopping someday," Elena proposed with a sweet smile.

"I don't know," I trailed off looking everywhere except at her.

"You have to," Alex said with a grin but his eyes left me without an argument.

"Okay," I agreed.

"Maybe Alex and Xander can come too," Elena squealed with holding Alex's hand.

"I'll always go everywhere you go," Alex said and dropped his head popping a kiss in Elena's lips. Disgusting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We all turned around from the couch as the door opened. Xander walked inside, his shirt torn from the side and his cheeked looked a bit bruised. In a few hours that was going to be all healed. In his right hand, he was pulling a suitcase while in his other hand he had a bunch of store bags.

"Fucking rouges," he growled, "Alex, Elena leave."

Alex and Elena waved goodbye and left but not before Alex patted Xander's shoulder and whispered something into his ear. Xander nodded quickly and looked at me. He walked towards the couch and pulled me into his lap. I was about to pull away when I remembered my conversation with Elena.

"Xander?"

"Mhmm"

"I'm going to try," I mumbled. I wanted to scream and pull away, run off.

But for now, I had to 'try'.

Xander pulled away from me, his face showed pure happiness and he had a huge grin that showed off all of his teeth. I swallowed my pride and gave him a small forced smile.

"I knew you would, my little Emma, I love you so much," he said happily while wrapping his arms tightly around my waist.

He got up and picked me up in his arms. He started twirl with me raised a few inches above from the floor. My stomach flipped and I started feeling a bit dizzy. He placed me on the ground and pulled away from me while both of his hands were laying on my shoulders.

"Come to see what I bought you," Xander said while dragging me towards the bags.

He sat me on the ground and sat right next to me slowly bringing each item out of the bag. He pulled out some outfits, a pair of shoes, a teeth brush, some makeup, a hairbrush, etc. He left one bag behind and turned to look at me with a bigger smile. He pulled out of the bag a small box and placed it on top of my hands.

"What is it?" I asked looking down at the box.

"Open it."

I opened the lid and there it was. As beautiful and shiny as ever. If it was any other moment I would have cried out in joy, but instead felt as if throwing up. My eyes wide in fear and disgust.

It was a bloody ring.

"You like it mate?" Xander asked with a bright smile while staring into my eyes.

I forced a tight smile and nodded. He grabbed the ring out of the box and snatched my hand. He slowly placed the ring into my finger.

"Now every human will know you're taken, you're just missing my mark so every werewolf will know," he traced his fingers on my neck, just on the place where he wanted to mark me.

___________________________

Like & Comment