Chapter 1

I waited for Emilee at my locker. Today was the last day of our senior year. We were going to go to Emilee's and grab her suitcases then we were going to go to my house to do the same thing then we were going to go to Australia. Australia was a dream come true for Em and I. We'd wanted to go to Australia since we were 13. When we were 15, we'd accidentally Skyped someone who was from Australia. Over the two years after the, we became friends. Her name is Kiara. She's a year older than us. When Emilee and I turned 17, Kiara invited us to move in with her, but we couldn't go. But last month, I turned 18 and a week after, Em turned 18. Then two weeks ago, Kiara invited us to go to Australia and move in with her again. This time, we said yes. We've spent the last 3 days packing. Today was the day. The day to start over.

  An hour and a half later, we were boarding the plane. We were so excited. Emilee turned to me and smiled. "I can't wait until we get there!" "Me either. But Em?" "Yeah?" "Please quit yelling." "Oh. Right. Ok." I was excited too. I really was. But Emilee had been yelling in excitement for 45 minutes.

   After a while, Emilee started to get excited again. "What now, Em?" "We're landing! We are officially in Australia!" "Really? Finally!" "I knew you would get excited too!" "Well of course! We're in Australia!" When the plane finally landed, Em and I grabbed our carry on bags and practically ran off the plane.

   "Did Kiara say where to meet her?" "No. She said she was sending someone to pick us up." Right after I said that, Emilee and I saw a sign being held up. It had our names on it, so we walked over to the person holding it.

   "Are you Delaney Mendez and Emilee Dollar?" "Yeah, but who are you?" "Kiara sent me to pick you up. My name is Marco. I am to take you to Kiara's house and help you take your bags to your rooms." "Where's Kiara?" "She is at a meeting with a family member." "Oh." "Shall we go then?" "Uh, sure."

  Marco helped us put our bags on the car and then we were off again.