Chapter 30: In the end will it matter?

Drews POV

No. No no no no! This isn't happening. What did happen? Do I even know? I hop off the bench before Im fully awake and crash into someone sending both of us to the floor.

"Shit Im sorry." I stutter as I get back on my feet. Wesley had been the one I smacked into. "Dude are you okay? You look freaked." I help him up and look at my hands which are shaking. "Dude I had a dream or what I think might've been a dream or maybe it wasn't because it felt real..."

Wes stares at me like I'm crazy when I realize I'm not making any god damn sense. "Okay so I was sleeping and I think Chelsea's spirit visited me while I was out." He raises an eyebrow and puts his hand on my forehead. "Are you okay? Dude you need food." I smack his hand away. "Wesley I'm serious! She said she hopes we find who did this to her and that she is starting to forget us! She fears she's dying! I can't have her die! I CAN'T!" I sit down and put my head in my hands. I know what that sounds like but I know it was her. I know it.

Wesley stares at me for a minute. "What did she say?" I breathe in deeply closing my eyes. Her image standing with me in the hallway reappears. "She's worried she's dying because she can't remember anyone or anything. I was wondering why I was the one doing most of the talking but it was because she was focusing on the people I was telling her about." Before I can finish we hear an alarm go off.

Wes and I both look up as we see Riley come bursting out of Chelsea's room panic on her face. Seeing this makes my stomach churn. "HELP HELP WE NEED HELP SOMETHING'S WRONG!" A bunch of nurses rush in as I storm off toward Riley heart pounding. "What happened?!" Riley looks at me as Keaton comes running from behind her. "I was talking to her just plain as day talking to her when.." She stops and her eyes lock on mine. "When?" She's still staring at me. "Her eyes opened."

My heart stops.

CHELSEA'S POV

I take one last leap toward Drew but before I can he disappears without a trace and I fall to the hospital floor. All the nurses and doctors who were no where to be seen a little while ago are now all over the place and ignoring me. Of course I'm invisible. What else is new? I get back to my feet and turn toward Drew. Hes frantically explaining what just happened to who I think is Wesley.

I wish I could remember more. "Oh man whats happening to me?" Suddenly I have the urge to go toward my room. I look to my left and see a young girl talking to my real body. It's weird I feel like she's connected to me in some way like we're or we were linked by something. I look closer and she's crying holding onto my hand. "I can't lose you Chelsea not when I just got you back. you're like my sister."

I can feel the love she has for me radiating off of her. I sigh as I sit beside my lifeless body. I have to get back. Before I forget anything else. It's been two days now and the separation from my body has effected me so much already.

I reach down and touch my hand but when I go to pull back something weird happens. I went to pull my hand away but my body pulled my spirit in. "Wait a minute.." I've got an idea and I hope it works. I jump onto my body and it engulfs me. Next thing I know my eyes are open....

DREWS POV

SHE'S AWAKE?! She's awake? She's awake! We all stand outside her door as the nurses and doctors rush to her and close the door. My heart is pounding so fast and hard in my chest. One doctor comes over to us.

"How is she? What's going on?" Ri is the first person to jump at the doctor. "She's fine she's awake by some miracle she's awake but she can't have visitors until her jaw is healed. Like I said its not broken but she needs to rest it." We all sigh and Riley runs over to hug me.

The moment is soon ruined by the group of cops at the end of the hallway coming toward us. Riley doesn't pull away as the cops approach she just clings tighter and hides her face in my chest I hear her mumble something.

"Hi again Drew. How is she doing?" Riley lets go of me and smiles a bit but its a sad smile. "She woke up just a few minutes ago." he smiles at us and sighs. "Good everyone in the department was pulling for her." He runs his hand threw his hair before he continues. "Anyway I'm here because we found something underneath Chelsea's fingernails when we processed her last week."

I inhale deeply. "And?" He clears his throat. "We found skin cells from her attacker. She fought back and must have scratched him." My face goes white. Him? and man did this to her? What kind of man nearly beats an innocent woman almost to death?!

"We're pretty sure he had help. Theres no way he could've done this alone.'' My head was spinning again. Riley was starring at the ground. Lost in thought. "Were running it in the system now. No hits yet but when we do ill call you." He put his hand on my shoulder squeezing it. "Don't worry man. Well get these people for you and her." I nod still quiet. Riley says thanks as they walk away.

All I know is when they find out who it is I'm going to kill him.

-----------

Woah I know a shitty update im sorry i had writers block like no other but I see all the likes and people adding this story still and it makes me happy people still read if even if its shit. SO THANKS Y'ALL I DO LOVE THE POOP OUT OF YOU YOU'RE ALL AMAZING AND THANK YOU FOR READING.