~How to hide a feather~

warnings ; swearing, lance being a bean    

(lances pov)

Its just gone about....4 am, I have been up for the last half an hour with pains in my upper back and a burning sensation in my veins. somethings wrong...well, somethings been wrong since the day allura had revived me back from the dead. I just..I don't know, I just don't have a good feeling.

since that day, I feel a lot colder, and less free. its weird, like whenever I look up at the sky or into space I just feel like I should be up there, probably just red wanting to go train or something.

speaking of training, I can hear Keith grunting in frustration from here, I should probably go check on him.

I get up and walk out of my new room. since the castle kinda turned into a tiny crystal, we've been staying in the atlas, while its docked at the garrisons, just in case of an attack we can deploy quicker. good idea if you ask me.

I walk into the training room despite my body telling me I should go back and sleep.

"hey Keith, shouldn't you be asleep?" I ask knowing what is answer could be.

"I couldn't sleep." I knew it.

ever since his mom left to help kolivan, he has been excessively training without eating or sleeping.

"dude, you literally look like you are about to collapse, here I actually have a spare juice pack handy, take it, you need it." I say handing him the drink and helping him walk to some seats towards the edge of the room.

"thanks man, anyways why are you up? did you come to train?" he asks curiously.

"nah just have some back pains, I also wanted to make sure you're alright, you've been pretty out of it." I reply, hoping he will talk to me about his feelings.

"its just, I miss my mom, I'm kinda scared for her, druids are hunting down blades and I just want her safe." he replies surprisingly quicker than I thought, maybe he is warming up to the thought of being friends.

"your mom is strong, I think she can even take on shiro AND allura at the same time! and that's saying something." I say hoping I can console him.

"thanks man, I'm just worried." he says smiling back at me, then he notices something on the floor.

"is that a feather? is there birds on the ship?" Keith asks, I feel something protruding from my back and I instantly get tense, they feel like feathers.

"ummm...I dunno but I gotta get back to umm.. sleep...get some rest Keith." I stutter not sure what to say.

I rush out the door before Keith can get a word in and sprint to my room. I take off my shirt and look in the mirror to find small but growing wings sprouting from my back, what is happening to me! 

but as soon as I try to under stand the situation, Keith's voice echoes in my room.

"what the fuck!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok so I don't have a clue how this is going to go so a little help in the comments would be nice, thank you for reading and please help me!!  

word count (527)