Part 7

TwoBit POV

Last night KitKat and I kissed. I love her so much. What if one day we dated seriously? I don't know.

KitKat POV

I woke up the next morning. And TwoBit and Steve were snoring so loud. I got up. The only other person awake was Darry. He didn't seem suspicious of last night. "Mornin," I moaned, "TwoBit and Steve broke my eardrums." Darry laughed. He was packing up. "We gotta get goin soon. Hand me that box of empty bottles." There were mostly beer bottles, but a few soda bottles. I don't drink, so they're probably mine. TwoBit woke up, and when nobody was looking, he kissed me on the cheek. "Hey KitKat. You look pretty good considering you're not a morning person," he whispered. I kicked him in the leg. We just laughed.

Later...

Dally POV

KitKat came over to spend the night. I like it better when she's at my apartment. So I can watch her. We were going to Buck's party. She didn't want to go, but word got around about her. Probably Steve. He's such a loud mouth.

At the party...

Kitty POV

Dally and I went to Buck's party. He told me to find him if something bad happens. I met Buck. He's an alright guy. When I went in the house, I saw the socs that were in the car, and were about to jump me. One of them saw me, and came up to me. "Hey what are you doin here?" he asked. "Here for the party.What did you think?" "Oh well I'm glad you're here. He touched my shoulder, and I pushed it off. I decided to just walk away, but he followed me. "Get away," I said. "Why? I didn't do anything wrong." "You wanted to jump me the other day and you know it." He said," You got a boyfriend?" "Yeah. He's comin." TwoBit was supposed to come. He said he wanted to meet him and I said no. He left me alone. A while after, TwoBit came. "TwoBit! You came!" "Yeah. Of course I did. Where's ol Dally?" "Sleeping. As usual. Listen a soc was trying to bother me. And he might start somethin." He looked around and said," Its ok. Im here to protect you."

TwoBit POV

I knew this would happen. That's the only reason I came. We went into a room that was empty, and sat down on a big couch. She said," Well what do we do now?" I answered by kissing her. We made out for a while. Maybe a long time actually, can't remember. We lost track of time. But then we stopped and laid down. We just cuddled and talked. She wasn't ready for anything more than making out. We just talked about each other. All of a sudden, a soc came in the room. "I thought I told you to leave me alone!" she yelled. "Oh so this is your boyfriend?" "Yeah," she said. He pulled her up and kissed her im the mouth. She slapped him and ran out. I was furious. "Hey man that's my girlfriend! Back off!" He stared at me and said," What are you gonna do about it?" I took out my switchblade, and put it against his neck. He backed off. I went to find Kitty. She was in the room where Dally was sleeping. She was falling asleep on the floor. I just left her. At least Dallys there to protect her so I can leave. Before I left I whispered, "Gnight. Love you." She slowly looked up and said, "You too. Gnight."

Sodapop POV

The next day, Darry and Pony left early. KitKat was supposed to be home by 8 AM, and it was 10 AM. I called Dallys phone, and no answer. They're probably still asleep. Lazy people. Especially KitKat. She never wants to get up. Suddenly, the phone rang. "Hello?" "Soda? Did Kitty get home yet?" "No. Is she okay?" "She wasn't at Buck's house when I woke up, and  she wasn't at the apartment. I have no idea where she is. I asked TwoBit. He was at the party last night. He said Kitty fell  asleep in the room next to me. But she wasn't there." "Was there socs?" I asked. There were mumbled swears. "They must've taken her." "Okay well everyone will be here tonight. We can figure it out." "Okay. Bye." He hung up. I hope she's alright.