chapter ten .

His eyes fluttered open--half-open, that is--and he was greeted by the soft, warm sunlight which poured through a window somewhere in the room. Yoongi blinked. It took a moment, since he was still incredibly drowsy, but abruptly struck the realization that he wasn't sleeping on a pillow. He wasn't in his bed. He wasn't in a bed at all. but on a couch, with his head resting on the comfortable shoulder of a sleeping, orange-haired boy who was also leaning on him. Yoongi couldn't see Jimin's face. But he could hear his gentle breathing.

Yoongi's heart did a back flip. He couldn't move. If he moved, he would more than likely wake up Jimin, and what excuse would he be able to give for this? He knew he had been the first to fall asleep.

His face was warm, growing warmer still. There was a blanket over both boys' legs--Jimin probably put it there, Yoongi thought. He clutched the blanket with one hand, then, with as little movement as possible, reached towards the little end table on the left side of the couch, hoping to retrieve his phone which he spotted out of his peripheral vision. Farther and farther his fingers stretched. Close. So close. Please don't wake up, Jimin. Please. Please. Please. Ple-

He felt Jimin's head move slightly. A soft, sleepy noise passed through the boy's lips. Yoongi blushed. Jimin's head moved again, this time towards Yoongi, who finally decided to straighten his posture, because not even he could pretend to be asleep forever. He, did, however, act as though he had just woken up, rubbing his eyes tiredly, blinking, then turning to face Jimin. Say good morning. Or ask a question. Don't just freaking stare at him.

"Ah, Yoongi, I-...I'm sorry." Jimin looked nervously towards the window. He gave a shy smile. "You, uh...fell asleep during the movie last night. I thought about shaking you awake, but then I noticed you looked really peaceful, and today's not a school day anyway so I didn't think it would be a problem if you stayed over, but I guess I should have asked you first..." He gasped quietly. "Oh no, what if your family thought I kidnapped you? Or Namjoon?? Would he get mad?"

Yoongi hesitated. If I told Namjoon I slept over at Jimin's, I can't even imagine the thoughts that would go through his head. And something tells me I don't want to know, either.

"I...I'm sure my parents gathered that I stayed here," Yoongi assured him, once again reaching for his phone. "I mean, they knew I was coming here, and I even told them I'd probably be staying late, so I doubt they'd be worried. As for Namjoon..."

He turned on his phone.

You have 9 new messages from Joonie.

You have 11 new messages from Hoseok.

You have 2 new messages from an unknown number.

What?

"You know Hoseok?"

Yoongi flinched, taken aback by the sudden closeness of Jimin's face to his phone, as well as the apparent excitement in the boy's tone as he asked the question. Yoongi swallowed.

"He's my coworker," he said. "You know him?"

Jimin nodded happily, eyes narrowing as they usually did when he showed off big smiles. "He's a friend of mine and Tae's. We were in the same class throughout middle school. He's so funny! I didn't know he went to our high school until the other day. He must've transferred, 'cause I'm sure I would have remembered seeing him in our first and second years. He lost a lot of weight, I was really surprised. Looks incredible now. Don't you think?"

Yoongi gave a slight, hesitant nod. He couldn't help but wonder what Hoseok used to be like, and even what had prompted him to lose as much weight as he did.