whomst?

Erik leans closer to speak in your ear. "Let me take care of you, lil bit. Quit questioning everything."

"But-"

"And quit thinkin' bout that nigga that left you," he goes, placing a kiss on your jaw. "Anybody that'd leave this fat ass is fuckin' stupid."

"Oh, wow," you say, staring at the ceiling. "So if I wasn't out here doing squats then you wouldn't care?"

He leans back to look at you, scoffing. "You ain't doing no damn squats. Can't even walk up the steps without gettin' winded."

You have absolutely no defense to this, because it's true, and you're a little upset that he caught you wheezing. It's not your fault exercising sucks. It hurts, and you're happy to do laps around your job as a replacement. Shit, it basically counts with how big that building is.

Erik continues placing kisses along your jaw, his facial hair tickling you, but all you can think of is how to maybe get him to possibly grip your face again. You come to a conclusion as he's making you giggle on a bathroom sink, that you'd take anything to make you forget the melancholy of your regular day-to-day. The longer you sit there, trying to ignore the freak in you wanting him to be rough with you, you just want to quit your job. It's been on your mind for months, but no one ever agreed with your desire.

Hell, even Sydney and Kayla told you to stick it out for the paycheck. Just a little longer and you'll save a little more....

But you decide your mental health is more important for once, and you're already preparing the spiel you'll give to your supervisor Monday. This'll be your last week at that dreadful, mind-numbing place. You know this is really rash, really stupid, but hell you should be allowed to be once in a while. Men like him are dangerous, they'll have you making bad decisions.

The doorbell rings, this late at night, and Erik lets out a stream of impressive curses before he leaves you sitting on the sink. Sometimes you wonder if Erik's a drug dealer on the low, or an arms dealer, or something of equivalent scariness. It's the only way you can explain how secretive he is when it comes to his disappearing acts and the late 'hours' he puts in. It can't be 'princely' duties; you could definitely tell there's still static between him and T'Challa and for that you can see why. If Erik tried to royally fuck up the entire infrastructure of Wakanda, you're surprised he's even on speaking terms with the others. And that's where you're confused; why would they pardon him for it? Why did he even try to do those things in the first place? Is he an evil, chaotic supervillain, or did he have his ( probably misguided) reasonings?

You frown in the cold bathroom, touching your neck that's sticky from Erik's sloppy kisses. Stop overthinking, you remind yourself, hopping off the sink. Looking down at your ankle, you see it's a blazing red, bruised deep purple in some spots, and you damn near want to start crawling once you accidentally put weight on it. That's honestly great; you're probably going to be stationary for a while. Maybe you won't be able to hobble your way into the office Monday.

Your cell phone, forgotten on the bed, yields a couple panicked texts from your friends along with several missed calls. Closer inspection reveals you forgot to actually send the text where you were supposed to tell them you were leaving, and you feel bad for making them worry. But now that you have the time, you open up the three way group chat and send a quick update.

Sorry. Forgot to tell y'all I left.

Sydney gets back to you first.

Scatterbrained ass. I'm sick of you! - Syd

You don't get anything from Kayla, so she must be already passed out. It's pushing 2 am now, and normally you'd be asleep too but your thot brain is currently making you ache for a hand around your jaw. All that rough business isn't really ever something you thought you'd like, and maybe you still don't, but you can't lie and act like you weren't ready to just start presenting when he was grabbing you like that. You try to imagine if he had had his hand on your neck instead, and it reminds you of when Kayla was dating her last boyfriend and she admitted to you and Sydney that he'd choked her up once during sex to the point she passed out when she came. Both you and Sydney rolled your eyes at this, because being choked couldn't possibly do anything than make you want to fight, but she was surprised yet adamant it happened.