#2: Jimin

Requested by ShaunaStoffel

It was a dark and stormy night.

Yeah, cliche right?

Well it was. And I didn't feel like doing anything. I just planned to lay across my bed and listen to the therapeutic sounds of the rain.

"Alice! Can you take the trash out before the rain gets worse?!" My mother yelled from downstairs.

Welp. There go my plans. Into the ground along with the rain.

I zombie walked downstairs and tied up the stinky trash bag before carrying it out the front door and into the semi-heavy rain.

The trashcan was all the way at the end of the lawn. While standing under the roof of the house outside the door, I took a deep breath and made a run for it. When I made it, I spotted something weird.

A bat on top of the can. It had red eyes and was staring right at me. Its eyes reminded me of a vampire's eyes.

Thats not possible, right?

The creature flapped its wings and opened the lid for me.

This isnt real. I'm dreaming. I have to be. Or maybe a rain hallucination.

Whatever that means.

I put the bag in the trash and he closed it. I was petrified with fear when he flew and landed on my shoulder.

He didnt smell like a wild animal. I actually smelled cologne. This is not real.

Its not.

Its just not.

I went back in the house since I was basically soaked. Every time I looked at my shoulder, he was still there, nuzzling my face like a cat.

"Alice, be sure to shower before you set foot in this kitchen. Your brother already made a mess." Mom said as she hovered over the stove.

She didnt even look at me. Since I didn't want to play 20 questions with her, I hurried upstairs to my room and shut the door. The bat flew off of my shoulder and to the empty bird cage hanging beside my bed.

"Hey! You get outta there! Its not yours!"

I shouted. He quickly flew back out of it and I hugged the cage.

It belonged to my best friend.

Before he died.

Its been a year. I shouldnt be so attached.

"I'm sorry. Here." I opened the door and he flew inside. He looked happy.

I smiled and shut the door for him."Welcome home I guess. I'm gonna shower. You stay put."

I grabbed my towel and went to the bathroom. As I showered, I couldnt help but think about his eyes. The bat's eyes seemed so...human looking. But so red. It was hard to explain, even in my own head.

After my shower, I wrapped my towel around my and went back to my room. I guess it doesnt matter if a bat sees me naked. My bird didnt care so why should a bat?

Then again, what if he bites me?

Nah, he wouldn't.

When I opened the door and looked to the cage, he wasnt there anymore. He was nowhere to be seen.

"Lesson number one," I heard a deep and sexy sounding voice."Stray animals always need their shots before being welcomed into your home."

I turned around to see a face, upside down with what looked like a smirk on his lips.