Raphael's Angel: Rescue Me

# Raphael's Angel #

                                             Chapter 6: Rescue Me

Myou's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~| Two Months Later |~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  I watched him as he layed on his hospital bed, sleeping soundlessly. It was Saturday morning, two months ever since Michelangelo came to tell me what's going on with Raph. Raph has been messaging me a couple of times at school and I barely have time to reply because of all the things that have been happening lately. From my father being in the hospital to the end of the year exams at school. My teachers haven't given me any slack because of how close we are to the tests and my father has been getting worse. He's so pale right now, and from all the energy being taken out of him from all his treatments, he looks like he's just skin and bones. He's too weak. By just looking at him, I wonder..

Will my father make it?

  I shut my eyes tight and shook my head. No, I shouldn't be thinking like that, I thought. He will make it. No matter what, I will not let him go. A single tear rolled down my cheek as I gently took his hand in mine.

  My heart ached at the thought of me and Angela losing my father. Without him we would be nothing. Our family would fall apart. Angela would leave me for dead and probably the next person to leave me... would be Raph.

  More tears fell from my eyes as I thought of having nothing. I sighed and wiped my watery eyes with the back of my hand.

  "Myou..." I looked up and saw my father smiling at me weakly.

  "Father!" In an instant, I was kneeling beside his bed, the tears I had just gotten rid of brimming the edges of my eyes.

  "Myou, please do not cry. It brings me pain to see you like this." My father said, noticing the tear streaks and my puffy eyes. "It doesn't suit you."

  I smiled softly as he pulled his hand away from my grasp and cupped my cheek. "..Myou, I need you to do me a huge favor."

  I sniffed. "Yes, Father?"

  "I-I need you to be strong.. for me.."

  "Father... why are you telling me to be strong now when I know you will be okay? You said you would stay by my side no matter what a-and help me when I needed you the most... remember, Father?"

  I looked into his eyes, only seeing sorrow and guilt. "Father?" I felt the tears coming back.

  "Just promise me you will be strong..."

  I nodded slowly. "Okay, Daddy. I-I promise..."

  I noticed him slipping in and out of consciousness and I began to panic. "Daddy? D-Daddy, no... You can't l-leave me... Please, not now..." I took his hand and held it in mine tightly. "Daddy, stay with me! Here I-I'll sing you your favorite song!" I said as I began singing singing Bauklotze by Kobayashi Mika in a rush. I began to sob as I sang.

  "Myou.."

  I looked up at him, unable to stop the tears from falling. "Yes?"

  "Remember.. Myou... I will always be... with you. Please, stay strong.. for me.. I love you." He slowly closed his eyes.

  "Daddy..?" I took his hand in mine. "Daddy, please.. wake up.." I raised his hand to my cheek, only to have it slip out of my grasp easily. At that moment, my entire world had stopped.