Raphael's Angel: The Past

# Raphael's Angel #

                                            Chapter Two: The Past

Leonardo's POV

  I was awoken by the sound of the entrance door sliding open, followed by footsteps and soft singing. The footsteps passed my bedroom as the singing continued.

"Here I am, Lord, and I'm drowning

In your sea of forgetfulness.

The chains of yesterday surround me

I yearn for peace and rest...."

  At the sound of his voice, I automatically knew he was home. The hotheaded turtle had finally returned at a late time as usual.

  I slipped out of bed, not one sound to be made, and crept towards the door. I opened the door a crack and waited. When I heard the sound of his door closing, I walked out into the hall and went in the direction to Raph's room. Only halfway to his room, I could hear his music through his closed door.

  I rolled my eyes. "What a delinquent."

  I finally made it to the front of his bedroom door and now I could clearly hear his music. I recognized the song immediately. He listened to (Don't Fear) The Reaper, a cover by some band named Pierce the Veil.

  "Like always." I mumbled as I turned the knob slightly. I was about to open the door when a strong force pulled the door wide open and yanked the doorknob right out of my hand.

  "What are ya doin', Fearless?" Said his rough Brooklyn voice.

  I narrowed my eyes. "Where were you?" I asked sternly, stepping a foot or two into his room.

  He looked at me in surprise as soon as the words left my lips. Raph didn't say a word. He just stood there, frozen. He seemed to be thinking of what to say. After a moment of aggravating silence he finally choked out, "I- I was out." He cleared his throat and seemed to have cursed at himself silently. "I mean, I was out with a friend."

  I was about to ask him another question when he turned me to face the exit and pushed me out. " That isn't your business. Now, stay outta my room." And with that, he slammed the door in my face.

Raphael's POV

  "That was close. Too close." I slid back against the door and untied my mask. The music played at its normal volume, but, even though music meant everything to me, it was nothing that would be able to calm my nerves. I crawled towards my duffle bag, grabbed my phone that was a gift from my angel while I sat down on my hammock, and dialed her number. The phone rang only two times until I heard her soft voice say, "What's up, Raphie?"

  I chuckled softly and slightly whispered into the phone. "Nothin' is up. I just wanna see how my Gothic Angel is doing since I left."

  "I'm good, babe. Why are you whispering?"

  I bit my lower lip and replied, "My family's all asleep at this time, remember? They get knocked out cold from all their excitement when they watch an MMA fight."

  She giggled. "Well, you should know that tomorrow is Monday, and I can't stay up that late tonight. It's passed 1:00 a.m." She yawned a little and continued. "I really think I should go to bed and you need the rest, too, after hanging out with me for three hours straight."

  I groaned slightly and said, "Fine. I'll let ya go to bed. Before ya go, I wanted to ask ya something about yer birthday and yer Nightwatcher wish. How are ya gonna come with me without letting people know who ya are?"