Chapter 7

The hand was suffocating me. In reality I should try and fight back but I honestly couldn't find it in me. I was frozen with terror. But I knew one thing for sure, it was the same person. It wasn't the situation, the place, or even the smell. I could sense it, the horrible cigarette smoke I smelt the first time.

"Hello again starlight." He said. I definitely didn't know him. His voice was deeper than Tom's, but higher than Shaw's. I couldn't see his face, just like last time his hood was up with a mask underneath. He was a stranger, maybe not anymore. His hand moved off of my mouth, but I knew if I screamed my head would be slammed again, just like last time.

"What do you want?" I asked shakily. It was no use pretending to not be scared. He could feel my shaking.

"I want you my starlight. I know you love me, you've never forgotten me." He said kissing my temple. I tried to move away from him but he just backhanded me. I tried to not cry out.

"I don't love you." I said. It wasn't the smartest thing to say, but I couldn't let this man think I love him. He was a monster. But he just chuckled.

"Of course you do starlight, you just haven't realized it yet." He said, and I shuddered. Every second he moved his body closer to mine, if that was even possible. I felt like he was squashing me.

"I will never love you, you ruined my life." I said but he just slapped me again on the same cheek.

"I saved you my starlight. But this is how you repay me." He said angrily. I wanted to shrink on the inside. But then I remembered, Shaw. He saw me leave, if he is texting me and I don't respond he'll come looking for me. After all we are only three blocks away from the restaurant.

"What did I do wrong?" I asked taking a deep breath. If I can keep him here, then maybe Shaw can get him.

"You hang out with that child of a man. Now you're cozying up to a detective as well. I am the only man who can touch you. Ever." He said growling. Was he talking about Tom? Oh god, Tom. Tom is still at work, if Shaw doesn't come for me than Tom won't get here either.

"Don't hurt them." I said and he just slapped me again, harder than the previous two times. I cried out and immediately the man shushed me.

"I have to hurt them. They're taking you away from me, and you are mine, only mine!" He yelled. I just whimpered as he kissed me again.

"Please don't hurt them, if you really love me you won't hurt them." I said trying to reason. But he's a maniac, I knew he wouldn't bargain as soon as I felt him chuckle.

"It's because I love you that I have to get rid of them. Think of them as fog on a mirror, in order for you to see our love they must be wiped away." The tears fell faster than ever. It was happening, this man was going to kill me, all I want is Detective Shaw.

"No, what if I don't see them anymore?" I said. I bet Shaw could take care of himself, but what about Tom. I can't let anything happen to him. Not ever.

"Then they'll live. But starlight, the only way I can assure that is by taking you with me." He said as he took his hand off my neck and grabbed my wrist. I couldn't control myself. I started whimpering.

"No, no let go of me ple-"

"Drew!" A voice yelled. I recognized it right away.

"Detective!" I yelled. The man punched me to the ground than ran and jumped over the fence. I watched his figure disappear into the night then turned my head. Detective Shaw was running toward me.

"Are you hurt?" He asked kneeling next to me. I shook my head no, and he started running to the fence, but it was too late. He was gone. Still out there coming for me. He said something into his radio then came back over to me.