The paladins

Allura glances about the paladins, a very unsatisfactory expression on her face. The rest of them pick up on her mood quickly, Shiro being the only one brave enough to ask what was wrong.

"Is there something that's wrong Princess?" Shiro gives her a small smile, her frown only deepening with the polite gesture.

"It appears we've, or you've, miscalculated. We're missing the paladin of the purple lion. Which means that we cannot form Voltron." The other 5 paladins look between each other, expressions ranging from fear to unbothered. Before Allura can continue, Coran cuts her off with a swift wave of his hand.

"Especially not without the chest of Voltron! It's one of the most important pieces in the puzzle. The purple paladin is usually the one who grows the most emotional connections with people, which is why it's located where the heart is! However, they're usually one who has a tough time opening up about themselves because of walls that they've put up to keep themselves safe. It could be just about anyone on your Earth. But without that lion, Voltrons chances of being formed went from slim to nothing." Lance groans, leaning against Pidge as if they would provide him with the emotional support to stomach this scenario.

Keith is the first to speak, after letting out a long, perfectly timed breath. "So we're screwed unless we travel halfway across the fucking galaxy to find this paladin. Let alone find the lion itself!"

Allura smiles smally at the long haired boy before turning her back to the others, speaking over her shoulder. "The purple lion's whereabouts may be unknown, but it is not the task at hand. For now, we'll focus on securing the red lion. Then we'll deal with the final piece."

A/N: Lmao this is my apology, have 2 chapter updates in one day! This one was small so I kinda speedran it but that's okay. Anyways thank you for all the support on this very old story! I reread it recently and it's so cringey i'm so sorry- I'll keep up with it as much as possible