Prologue

(A/N I will try to keep this note short. I welcome feedback that will allow me to improve the story. Also if something doesn't make sense or there is a plot hole etc, just comment on it and I will either explain further or fix it. This is my first book on Wattpad. Also if you haven't read Eragon and PJO then you will miss some scenes as I will not go through everything. Also, I do not own either PJO/HOO or Eragon, all rights go to Rick Riordan and Christopher Paolini. Well except the plot and original characters I come up with.)

(Also I own none of the images in this or the cover of this book).

3rd person POV | Takes place almost immediately after the final battle.

Piper was not awake. Part of being a demigod meant that you got pretty good at identifying dreams and she knew that her surroundings were fake. She looked around in confusion, so far nothing appeared out of the ordinary...well ordinary for a demigod. She was standing on a grassy plain with no landmarks in the distance such as mountains or hills, it was just grass as far as the eye could see. Suddenly and without warning, an all too familiar figure rose from the field. Though Gaia's eyes were closed she looked identical to when she had risen up from the ground. Without preamble, the primordial spoke, "Your friend is gone and you will never see him again". And without further warning simply dissolved back into the ground.

Piper jolted awake, producing a groan in the process. Looking around she realised she was in the infirmary, with no desire to stay there any longer than was required, Piper made her way outside. And immediately collided with Annabeth, one glance at the sobbing figure immediately told Piper that something was seriously wrong. Reaching out Piper gently gripped Annabeth and trying to contain her feeling of dread she asked softly "Annabeth? What's wrong Annabeth?" Annabeth let out another tortured sob and barely managed to choke the words out "Percy..." another sob "Percy is gone......"

Flashback | A few hours earlier

1st person POV | Percy

I dodged a swipe from the hellhound before lunging at it and plunging Riptide into its thick black coat and it howled before dissolving into dust. As I looked around for my next opponent a huge golden explosion from the air knocked everyone to the ground. Well it knocked almost everyone to the ground while everyone else just fell to the ground, I, of course, fell backwards through the empty space where I was certain ground had been a just moment ago. I cried out in surprise as I fell backwards and could do nothing but watch the space I entered as I fell. The 'hole' I had fallen through, flowed and moved until the opening was completely smoothed over. This of course meant that my only light source (the sun) was blocked off and I was now falling into darkness. All these thoughts passed through my mind in a split second as I continued to fall and I was 90% that a certain primordial was responsible. The air howled as I fell faster and faster my velocity always rising, suddenly and without warning a bright flash of light shown seemingly coming from everywhere around me at once. I mean I had heard all those stories about seeing a light but I didn't actually think they were true, Nico was always annoyed when people asked him if that was true and he always snapped at them and told them that it was just a myth. Kinda ironic considering that we, the gods and all the monsters we fought were also just 'myths'.

Damn my ADHD trust it to distract me as I was dying, honestly, I expected it to feel much more painful, at the moment all I could feel was a slight pressure against my back and a slight breeze on my face. Hesitating I cautiously opened my eyes and was thoroughly confused, irritated and annoyed all at the same time. Wincing at the sudden brightness I looked around at my surroundings. Where the Hades was I?

(A/N This chapter was just short because it is the prologue and I wanted a slightly dramatic ending.)