🚢 1 🚢

(Above is a 100% authentic photo of the seagulls mentioned throughout this fic, this picture was taken in Helsinki when we were there and has not been photo-shopped or edited, 100% real)

A big shoutout to my amazing sister for co-writing this with me, also to our even more amazing mutual (straight) guy friend who offered to beta this on such a short notice, thank you so much for the input and for doing this even though you don't have to, you're the best! I learned a lot about writing from you and you make me want to become a better writer, I can't even put my gratitude into words at this rate, thank you so much dude

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂    

"Rin! Rin!" yelled Taehyung ecstatically. "Look at the chocolate-faced seagulls!"

Distracted by her brother, Chaerin looked up from her phone in confusion. "What chocolate-faced—"

Her exclamation quickly devolved into a series of squeaks and shrieks as something white swooped down from above, clipping her head as it touched down on the grounds of the famed Helsinki's Market Square. The pair were holidaying in the Scandinavian region, currently on the Finland leg of the trip, which meant overcast skies with a chance of rain. However, Chaerin was anything but interested in the weather.

"ARRRRRGGGGHHHH! What was that?" she screamed and leapt to her feet, hands instinctively flying to her assaulted head as she spun around searching for the perpetrator.

At first glance, it looked like an ordinary seagull to Chaerin, but when it alighted on the tarmac pavement and cocked its head at her, she did a double take — instead of white, the seagulls' face was painted a chocolate brown, as if the poor thing had tripped and fell, headfirst, into a pile of doo-doo.

"Look, Rinnie!" Taehyung bounded excitedly towards an awestruck Chaerin, "It's like someone grabbed them and smooshed their faces into chocolate fondue!"

The fondue-faced seagull elicited a squawk before taking off and pooping on Chaerin's shoulder, triggering a similar squawk of outrage from the brunette. The corners of his her mouth drooped to form an inverted triangle as she rummaged through her bulky backpack for her wet wipes, muttering curses under her breath.

"I wanna go home," she whined. "Or at least anywhere without these horrible abominations of nature."

"Oh come on, where is your sense of adventure, sis?" said Taehyung, crouching down to coo affectionately at one of the gulls. "We should adopt one and name it Maximillian Odinson the Hundred-and-Third."

"Over my dead body." Chaerin growled as she scrubbed her beloved shirt with a damp towel before the poop dried.

"Hmm, that can be arranged."

Taehyung's sweet smile dissolved and in its place grew a mischievous boxy grin, and by the time Chaerin's slow brain caught the near-evil glint in her brother's gaze from the corner of her eyes, it was already too late. A pair of hands shot out (Chaerin's inner nerd was immediately reminded of Goku firing his Kamehameha), shoving the younger girl hard towards the edge of the pier, accompanied by a symphony of impish laughter.

With a rather undignified screech, Chaerin toppled backwards, hands flapping wildly enough to rival the curious seagulls observing them. Her survival instincts kicked into action, and soon she found herself grasping desperately to the nearest object she could reach to break her fall.

Which happened to be the arm of a complete stranger.

"Oh shoot, I am so sor-reeeeeeeeeeee-uh-ahhhh," she began as she got up before petering off into a gibbering mess, her mind blanking as her eyes trailed up the arm to gaze upon the stranger's face.