🚢 5 🚢

For the next few days, Chaerin's thoughts strayed a little too often to her encounter with the chocolate haired stranger. As she and Taehyung roamed the quaint cobblestone lanes, immersing themselves in Helsinki's rich heritage and culture, her head would turn instinctively at every glimpse of brown hair, sighting of a white top or click from a camera' shutter. Maybe it was just wishful thinking, but she hoped that by some miracle or chance they would meet again.

"Maybe I should have been shameless and just asked for his number," thought Chaerin.

Eventually, she did manage to tear her mind off the mysterious angel and perk herself up in anticipation of their overnight cruise to Stockholm. The siblings had booked it months ahead on a whim while planning their Scandinavian trip; but it was more for the awesome Instagram-worthy photos and bragging rights they'll earn than for the actual experience.

The tram ride to the port was uneventful since they were asleep for most of the journey, and soon the duo were dragging their luggage towards the cruise ship docked in the harbor. Chaerin and Taehyung gawped in awe over the sheer dimensions of the metal beast. It towered over the other vessels at least four times over, its colossal hull painted a bold crimson, accentuated with decorative streaks of cream spiraling into wondrous patterns. Emblazoned across its white upper decks was the name Mariella in bold capital letters.

Excitement bubbled inside Chaerin as she and Taehyung raced each other to the queue leading up to the ship, their luggage rattling noisily in tow. Dashing ahead, Chaerin looked over her shoulder to jeer at Taehyung "eat my dust, sucker!", who merely wheezed in response, struggling to keep up with his sister's speedy pace.

Chaerin, not paying attention to what was in front of her, regretted that decision almost immediately as she crashed into the person at the end of the line.

Embarrassed, she muttered a hasty apology. The guy, without even turning around, replied with an almost incomprehensible grunt, his movements as rigid as a mannequin. Taking the opportunity to catch her breath, she caught a whiff of the man's scent.

"Oh God," thought Chaerin, her pupils widening. She did not expect the man to release such a rich and masculine aroma. It smelt like something a sexy billionaire would wear. It also smelt like something she wanted to smell for the rest of her life.

With a sudden curiosity and an unfamiliar hunger developing, she leaned in a little closer. The alluring scent seemed to radiate stronger from the man's' nape, where tanned skin met the back of his scalp.

Her nose in position, she steadied herself and inhaled deeply.

"Wow," she sighed softly. There was something intoxicating about the man's scent that made her weak in the knees as she became overwhelmed with the sensory bliss.

Chaerin felt a pair of eyes locked on her as she indulged herself with a few more (what she thought was) inconspicuouswhiffs of delicious air and sure enough, a fondue-faced seagull was observing her from its perch atop the railing. Somehow, this particular gull's expression seemed uncannily human; Chaerin swore it was giving her judgmental sidelong glances.

"What?" she hissed defensively, glaring at the beady-eyed bird, feeling a strong need to  defend her actions. "He smells like a sugar daddy with expen-"

But her mouth clamped shut reflexively as the guy wearing the sexy cologne suddenly swiveled around to face her, their close proximity meaning they were now practically nose to nose. A half-formed scream died midway in Chaerin's throat, her lips moving soundlessly in shock when her eyes met the face of her Helsinki angel.

The black cap had cleverly obscured his light hair from behind, save for his bangs swept carelessly across his forehead. He was dressed in a black feather-down jacket, the white of his hoodie lurking beneath the folds of grey. Pink dusted his pale cheeks —whether from the cold or something else, Chaerin couldn't deduce— and his eyes were bulging with shock, so big that she wondered whether they were going to pop out of his head anytime soon.

But then an all too familiar voice wafted towards them, causing the angel's attention to shift somewhere above her shoulder.

"SORRY, COMING THROUGH— OOPS SORRY! 'COMIN- WOOOOAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!"

Realisation hit her first, with her clumsy brother quickly following suit.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

YEET I SUCK AT WRITING STRAIGHT FICCCSSSSSSS IM SORRY ALSO EVERYONE CHAERIN IS JUST THIRSTY AND ACCIDENT PRONE LIKE I AM OK, ALSO ADMIT WHO HASNT SECRETLY SNIFF A REALLY HOT GUY BECAUSE THEY SMELL LIKE STRAWBERRIES OR THEY JUST SMELL NICE. WAIT. AM I THE ONLY ONE. OK THEN ILL JUST LEAVE OOPS EXPOSED

AND ALSO. YOUR SIBLINGS CAN BE BRATS BUT SOMETIMES THEY CAN GET YOU A CHANCE TO HAVE INTIMATE CONTACT OR JUST NICE CONTACT WITH A HOT PERSON. SAY THANK YOU TO YOUR SIBLINGS. SAY THANK YOU TO KIM TAEHYUNG. BE GRATEFUL THEY COULD HELP YOU MEET YOUR FUTURE HUSBAND/WIFE ONE DAY. SAY THANK YOU.