🚢 3 🚢

Chaerin gulped, dread pooling thickly in the pit of her gut as she turned to find an army of fondue- faced gulls with their beady eyes locked onto her precious Muikku. They were everywhere; some rushed forward on their webbed feet to cluster around her sneakers, others circled overhead like blood-thirsty vultures.

Alarm bells blared in the girl's head, clamoring at her to move, run, protect the food. She opted instead to inch her way cautiously towards the pier side: A 'dumbass move' as Taehyung would eloquently put it, because there was nowhere else to run.

"Tae-oppa! OPPA!" Chaerin's voice crescendoed to a panicked cry, "Save me! HELP!"

Taehyung, who had somehow managed to follow her, remained oblivious to his sister's screams of urgency, as he was engrossed in an intellectual (albeit one-sided) conversation with a fondue-faced seagull some distance away.

"Yes, I too agree that the moon is made of green cheese." He nodded solemnly. Squatting next to the brown-faced bird, he proceeded to ask very seriously: "Do you happen to like avocados too?"

"KIM TAEHYUNG! Stop fraternizing with the enemy!"

The enemy squadrons, taking advantage of their target's brief lapse in attention, launched their first wave of attack, the braver gulls attempting to maneuver their way to the Muikku that Chaerin had in her vice-like hold. Inside her brain, a switch flipped on, propelling her body into fight-defend-and-protect mode.

She seized a tiny, fried fish and brandished it like a weapon, the first and only line of defence between her and the bird-demic.

"Shoo! Stay back you little turd-face monsters! You're not getting the fish, not today!"

The violent flailing only succeeded in her accidentally flinging the fish a good three feet off the pier and into the sea, sending a pack of gulls diving after it.

"Don't feed the seagulls," tittered a passerby in heavily-accented English. "They'll see it as a sign of consent."

"To do what?"

"Attack."

Alas the warning came too late.

Within mere seconds, her foes had suddenly amassed to that of a colossal swarm. Without warning, they began dive-bombing towards her like a barrage of fighter jets executing an air-strike. 

Chaerin's shrieks were almost drowned out by the cacophony of frenzied squawks coming from all directions. All she could do was crouch protectively over her precious food as the wave of white descended upon her, razor sharp talons and pointy beaks clawing and pecking at her body in search for any openings. Amidst the relentless flurry of feathers, she squeezed her eyes shut as she beared the pain, thinking about how absurd this situation was.

"Oh my God, this is how I die. Attacked, by little poop-faced birds. Oppa, please be merciful and not upload this to YouTube."

A sharp whistle pierced through the noise, causing the attack to cease instantly followed by an unnatural silence. All that remained was Chaerin's panicky breathing and the background noises of the bustling marketplace. Curious, she opened her eyes slowly.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂ 

I swear this really happened. I DID get attacked by seagulls when I bought those yummy fish, nope you do not want to experience an entire swarm of squawking gulls mobbing you. Nope.

ALSO ALWAYS REMEMBER: DON'T! FEED THE SEAGULLS! I WARNED YOU, DON'T FEED WILD ANIMALS WHEN ON HOLIDAY YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT MAY HAPPENED