🚢 10 🚢

The shoulders of the angel stiffened; his back went ramrod straight. If the colour of his face reminded her of cola earlier on, right now he could stand next to a fire truck and no one would be able to tell the difference.

"NONONONONO!" Chaerin added quickly, hands twisting and flailing. "NOT THAT WAY! I mean, like, the floor! You can sleep on the floor! Bring your sleeping bag! It'll be chill- I mean hot- I mean WARM!"

The weird shift in mood was painfully apparent. In fact, the very air surrounding them seemed to be radiating pure awkwardness.

The angel made a strangled noise that sounded a lot like a dying goat. "Just y-you... and me!? ALONE????" He looked close to passing out. This was all too much for him.

"WAIT WAIT WAIT NOOOOO! There's my oppa!! A dude! Three of us! Just CHILL!"

Fighting the growing heat in her cheeks, she stole a glance at the angel. The other's expression was a jumbled mess of emotions — He looked pained, conflicted between wanting to keep his pride or wanting out of the cold. His face was also flushed so deeply he looked like he was going to combust on the spot.

Presently, he cleared his threat repeatedly, trying to pass off the dying goat noise as a casual cough. His downcast eyes flickered towards her face, fixing her with an incredulous look.

"Why're you so concerned anyway? You don't even know me. What do you care?"

Chaerin could almost hear her mother's shrill voice screaming at her and Taehyung about 'no bedrooms on the first date'. Even if the person was tall, tanned and gorgeous. But 1) this wasn't the first date in fact no even a date, 2) the angel's heroics were getting annoying, 3) quoting Tae 'seize opportunity by his hot ass', and 4) she was about to make either the worst or best choice of her miserably single life.

Hands on her hips, she drew herself up to full height. It was time to stop this nonsense. "Why? WHY!? Shoot, you piss me off! I'm not waiting all night for your stubborn ass to freeze. Is it wrong for me to help you? To return a favour???"

Taken aback by her sudden change in demeanor, the angel raised his hands in defence. "No! No no no, you're right! I'm sorry! Don't be mad! I was... Worried. About how you don't worry... about yourself? Does that make sense?"

"Is that all?" She answered sardonically, attempting to sound more confident than she felt. "Just letting you know, I've a black belt in Taekwondo. Try anything funny and the next thing you'll see is the inside of a body bag."

"But, uh, how 'bout the birds? It didn't save you from the psycho birds?"

"The body bag's too big. Not for you, though."

The brown haired boy gulped. "You know, maybe I'll stay here after all."

She cut him off with a withering look. "If someone wants to help you, quit whining and just accept. I'm not gonna leave 'till you stop being wishy-washy. Also," she softened, "unless you turn out to be a serial killer, I haven't been wrong about someone yet."

The angel held her gaze stubbornly. Finally, he groaned, his breath curling into wisps of smoke as he deflated like a balloon.

"FINE," He grunted resignedly, "I'll accept your offer. Take me to your lair."

Chaerin beamed in response, and she swore something flitted across the angel's expression for a split second. "Seeeee? That wasn't so hard, was it? If you'd just agreed earlier, we could've saved so much time."

He cocked his head at her, slightly bemused. "Has anyone told you how strange you are?"

"People say that 'bout my bro, not me."

"Well, they're not wrong." He grinned, eyes crinkling around the edges with his airy laugh. Somehow, it seemed to accentuate the youthfulness in his features, as if he were a bright flower blooming in the midst of the harsh cold. The glow from his shy smile lit up her heart with a fluttering joy.

It was when they were descending to Chaerin's floor when a thought occured to the angel, prompting him to stop and incline his head slightly over his shoulder.

"By the way, I'm not expensive," his gloating smirk growing as he mocked her softly. "I'm Jungkook."

Chaerin spluttered, proceeding to trip over her own feet and nearly tumbling down the stairs.

 ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

First sorry this was so short I'm horrible hufborufbw but FINALLY WE UPGRADE THE ANGEL TO JUNGKOOK! Yes finally calling him by name now took us 10 chapters but here we have it

Also to clarify things, please do not follow chaerin's example of inviting fellow travellers to your room when in a foreign country, this part was the original sope version so I can't really change it. It's not wrong, it's just dangerous as it can be risky be use you don't know who you're dealing with. Even if the dude looks like jungkook please be careful when on holiday and choosing who you want to extend offers like this with. Stay safe, do as I say, not as chaerin does huhu