Chapter 7

I was screaming, trying to get away from his fists. I felt a sharp pain as he kicked me in the rib, then the face. My nose was bleeding, my face was bruised. Blood spilled on the floor from the scratches on my arms. I was bleeding through my white dress, a red stain appearing near my ribs. I could barely see her, but I could tell the little girl was scared. She was crying, her tears dripping onto the floor.

He kept hitting me, I went limp. He stopped and looked at me.

"You caused me far too much trouble. You're going to be worth the trouble I'm going through."

He went and grabbed a pair of keys from a locked drawer. He re-locked the drawer and walked towards me. He gave me a key and told me to follow him. He had put something in his pocket.

We walked to a room. He shut the door after I walked in. You could hear the girl crying in the other room. He shoved me against a wall and smiled. Getting closer to me he pushed his lips against mine. I struggled against his grip. I didn't want to do this.

"S-sto-"

I was cut off by his lips being forced against mine. Still struggling, his hand began to go up my dress.

"Let me go, stop!"

I got out of his grip and ran to the door. I banged on the door, knowing no one was going to open it, but hoping that the girl would try.

A soft pulling on the door and sniffles gave me hope. She was trying to open the door.

I was pulled back by my hair and thrown on a table that was in the middle of the room. He pulled out a rope and tied my hands and legs down. I could move, he had made the knots really tight. I suspected he had done this before. His strength when holding me down was incredible, I couldn't fight against him anymore. I was done for.

He got on top of me and smiled, pushing his mouth against mine again. I struggled against him. I couldn't fight the ropes or his hands. He ran his hands up my sides. He unbuttoned my dress, and smiled down at me.

-----

I was shaking. I felt like I couldn't breathe. He had untied me from the table and all I had were my undergarments back on. I would never feel clean again. I had bruises on my jaw, from him grabbing me. I had burns and bruises from the ropes on my hands and ankles. My eyes were wide and all I could think of was what had just happened.

He put my dress on, the blood now dried a dark brown with a red tint. I slipped my shoes on and wiped the smeared makeup off my face. I brushed my hair. When I left the room he locked the door behind me and threw the ropes away.

The little girl was hiding in her room. She smiled at me and ran to me when she saw me. I returned a small smile, that was all I could do right now. I didn't want to speak, I didn't want to do anything. I just wanted to lay down and die. I was really hungry. I was more than hungry, I was starving, literally. I hadn't eaten in days.

"Mommy, why were you screaming.."

I looked at her, my eyes sympathetic.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to. He was just scaring me."

"It's okay Mommy."

She hugged my waist again.

"Are you hungry? It's been a few hours."

"Yea, I can eat."

She smiled at me, looking up. Her eyes were so pretty.

I walked into the kitchen and made her some lunch. Warm up Mac n cheese. I had a piece of gum and water. I also ate some lettuce that he had bought me. He said it wouldn't make me gain weight but it would give me some nutrients I needed. I poured a glass of kool-aid for the girl and we sat at the table and ate.

I got up while she was eating and added some water to the flowers on the table, White roses.

He had gone upstairs, I knew he would be down soon.

As I had guessed, he came back downstairs. He had something behind his back. He smiled at me and pulled out a few red roses. He took all of the white roses out of the vase on the table and replaced it with the red roses. He threw the  white roses into the trash.

"Today was a good day, now go back in your room. Both of you. Don't come out till supper. It's school time for her."

We walked in the room. He was clanging around in the kitchen.

"What is he doing"?"

"Shh, we have to be quiet and read." I said.

She looked down at her book and began to read out loud to me.

Thirty minutes later there was a knock on the door. I looked up from the school books and she laid her pencil down.

"May I come in doll?"