Chapter 21

My heart seemed to stop immediately. It went silent and a feeling like no other filled my head. It was a dizzy feeling. I felt all the breathe was knocked from my lungs, like a kid who fell out of a tree and can't breathe. It felt like the room was void of all oxygen and I was just going to stay there and die. I didn't hear any loud breathing from the other girl either, besides the faint sound of her slow breathing coming from her nostrils. I dared to move my head slightly to look at her. Her eyes were wide and filled with fear and nothing else. I saw a hand reach down into the place and move around, desperately searching for anything it could grab or find. I heard Ryan's angry breath echoed thought the room like a bull in a stadium. The feeling while we sat was indescribably horrifying. Every second his hand searched the more agonizing the silence got.

Snap!

A floor board snapped beneath the girl and Ryan's hand immediately stopped all motion it was doing. He lifted his hand from the room. He was too small to fit in this area i knew he was. I looked her in the eyes and noticed she was silently quiet. The silence was horrible, like any secong you made a noise you were dead. The suttle feeling of death itself almost. The darnkess, the silence, the slow heartbeat that was now quickening with each moment of agonizing silence. I closed my eyes and hoped like I didn't when I was a little kid no one would see me, that I would disappear and win the game of hide and seek. The a cacophony filled the room as the boards began to snap from the entrance. The splinters of wood flew everywhere and it was a situation like no other. There was a throbbing in my head as I held back my screams. The other girl started screaming as she backed into the corner a little too much and fell through the floor boards into a spider web as thick as a tightly sewn fabric. She began to freak out more as the web wrapped around her giving her a sense of panic.the wood was still braking at the entrance, the hole almost big enough for Ryan to gain entrance into the room. I grabbed the diary off the shelf and a small pocket knife that was hidden older the mattress. She was tangled on the web still panicking and carrying on. I yelled at her to go deeper into the ceiling. I knocked through a web and stepped onto the inside of the ceiling. I was scrunched, the space was even smaller. I walked along the ceiling until I came to a weak spot, where I fell through the boards. I dropped onto the ground, in shock from the fall and landing on my back. I could breathe as I gasped for even the tiniest amount of oxygen. I got my breath back and got up. I didn't know where she was at, and right now all I cared about was surviving. Isn't that what most humans do, they forget about anyone else. The adrenaline kicked in and unless that person is your blood or your heart and soul then you forget. That's what happened to me. I heard screaming as I bolted down the wooden stairs. My clothes were ripped from the fall and I bet if you patted them out you could give yourself a dust bath. They were an ugly nasty brown and there was a huge amount of cobwebs strung all over me. If I had just been walking on the street people would've been scared of me, I'm sure. I didn't know what I looked like, but I didn't take the time to look. I went into the kitchen and desperately searched for the key to the front door. My hand searched throughout the mess of keys as they fell all over the floor. The clanging seemed to escalate the jumbled mess of noises in my head.

The screaming, the banging, the clanging, the breaking, the splintering, the heartbeat, the breathing, the pounding, the crying, everyone just everything was as mess. This was never supposed to happen, never. My life wasn't supposed to be this this wasn't me this wasn't supposed to happen. I was just an unlucky girl, walking on an unlucky day, on an unlucky street in an unlucky town. That day was just not a good one. I never should've gone to the park, I never should've walked on that side of the street, I must should've gone home and ate food and been happy. I just couldn't, I had to get kidnapped and now here.

My hands were still desperately searching. Searching for the key that would give me freedom. I finally found it and ran to the door. I unlocked the locks and swung the door open.

I ran.

I ran away from the house I had been kept captive in. I ran away from all the fear and depression and anxiety and everything that was my problems. I ran away from everything that I used to be. I ran away from the place that would've been the death if me.

I ran towards a woods that looked fairly abandon of all life besides animals. It was chilly, it was very close to winter it was the end of fall. I had missed my absolute favorite season. I sprinted until I got into the tree line of the woods. The leaves swirled around my feet in a rhythmic motion. I kicked them up in the air and they floated down. I took a deep breath and took in the crisp, sweet air. It felt like I had been shoved in a plastic bag in that house, I was running out of oxygen it felt like. Out here, in the open, I had all the air I would ever need right here right now. I jumped in the air and spun in circles, just enjoying the feeling of the newfound freedom I just got. I took off the dirty clothes so I was just in my undergarments. I went to what sounded like a stream. It was a small stream through the middle of the woods. I wished up the clothes and flung the. Around and then hung them on a tree to dry. I would just have to be cold if I wanted clean clothing. I decided to explore the trees a little to see which one I should stay on, because being on the ground was much too risky. I couldn't afford to take anymore risks. I was walking, when I heard a vehicle.

"Oh god." I whispered to myself.

The engine got louder and I realized it was the truck. The diesel truck that was Ryan's.

I began to run, forgetting about my clothes that I had left. He would see those, hopefully I would be gone.

I sprinted until I tripped on something