Chapter 17

I woke up and did my routine. I walked out once I was ready to see Ryan asleep on the couch. I immediately began making breakfast so that when he woke up there would be a whole meal ready and on the table for him. I made French toast with extra syrup and powdered sugar. I poured a glass of orange juice and put everything in a perfect order on a silver platter. That's how he liked it. I set the food down and noticed something wild. The door was open, wide open. The chain on the outside of the unlocked door shimmered as it slowly swung back a forth. I put my breakfast is a plastic baggy and shoved it in the small pocket of the dress. I knew he would wake up soon so I hurried as fast as I could. I chugged a glass of milk and ate a few things so I wouldn't be shaky if I had to run. I would have energy. I knew if I got caught this would be one hell of a punishment for me. I reached in the kitchen drawer and pulled out a small box labeled 'matches' I pulled a few out and out the. By the wire in my Berra. I might need them. I creeped up the stairs, not wanting them to make a sound before I could get out of the room. I heard a noise and looked up to see a black cat on the windowsill. Then I heard Ryan began to stir in his sleep, he was gonna wake up soon.

"Screw it all." I whispered to myself as I lept up the stairs, somewhat being louder than I originally wanted to be.

The house was lovely, well what I saw of it was at least. I didn't know if there was more to the house than what met the eyes. I imagined there was considering you would never think there was a whole nother house downstairs. It was a mahogany wood color, all over the house. With the accent color of dark velvet red and sometimes a mustard yellow. Everything was clean and orderly. The floors were shiny, the windows were spotless. It didn't look likes speck of dust would be within a mile. Then I saw a flaw in my plan. The door was locked from the inside, only to be unlocked with a key.

"Fuck." I muttered in frustration.

I decided to see if there was a back door.

The house was two or three stories, if you counted the basement, which was like a house. I went to what seemed like the back of the large, wood structured house, but I saw no exit or entry way. Then I heard what I dreaded most. The yells of Ryan and the sound of hi. Running up the stairs.

I wanted to scream out in terror and die right hen, but I kept it together and ran up the circular staircase, getting out of sight just before he came around the corner. I heard him jiggle the door nob and mutter.

"She's in here."

His steps became quiet and his voice became hushed as he talked to himself, naming locations I could be. I looked upstairs and found what looked like his bedroom. Ok so stay out of there, I found a spare room next to it. It looked like a well decorated guest room. Almost like it was made for a certain purpose. It was a white, it had white furniture and white marble floors. The wall said 'For my princess'. I went inside and closed the door, I looked in the mirror and frowned at myself. Then I heard footsteps and remembered I needed to hide. The room was beautiful. I went into the closet and got behind the clothes. They were small clothes, like for a seven year old. I had wondered why he had these, but I didn't think much. I needed to pay attention to where he was and what he was doing.

It was black in here, no light whatsoever, not even from under the crack in the door. It was completely dark. I stumbled around and suddenly fell into a small indent in the closet near the left corner. There was a handle. I lifted it up being cautious. It was another room.

I stepped in and closed the hatch door. I soon heard footsteps enter the room. I heard the closet door swing open. I crawled deeper into the small room, knocking down thick spider webs covering the area all around me. I didn't feel any spiders but that didn't mean there weren't any. I didn't care at this moment, in this moment, I cared about staying alive. I cared about escaping. I heard the hatch door open.

My heartbeat slowed.

One..

Two..

Three..

I could feel each individual heartbeat. The strange rhythm it was creating was different than my heartbeat had ever been. It was almost like a song.

I heard the hatch close, but I was still holding my breath. This might be okay, I might be okay.

I might get out if this place alive.