Chapter Fourteen: Missing Key

A/n:
Y/n is your name
«» is your thoughts
Y/m/n is your mother's name
Y/d/n is your dad's name
Enjoy! What you discover today is made by me so it's not real.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Alright girls, great job today!"
I wait for Valkyrie outside of the stadium. Today we had training but due to my "injury", Valkyrie excused me. She doesn't know that I'm looking for her. "Valkyrie."
She turns around abruptly. "Y/n, what a surprise. What are you doing here? How do you feel?!"
"I've been better. I came to ask you something."
Guilt reflects off her eyes. "What?"
"How close were you with my mom?"
"Best friends."
"Really? The picture near the healing room says otherwise."
She stared at me with a weird look. "It's none of your business."
"It is my business. Look, Brunnhilde, all of our lives depend on this. I need to know what you know. And don't play dumb, I know you know something."
Fear radiates off her. I never use her real name unless I'm livid. I also notice I unconsciously grabbed her wrists and that ice is covering it. I clear my throat. "Sorry."
"Come with me."
She leads me to her house. "Cover your eyes."
I do as I'm told and soon we are some where that's not her house. "You can open your eyes now."
"Where are we?"
"In a safe. No one will hear us talk. I'm just going to warn you, it'll be very overwhelming."
"I'm ready."
"Before we get started, forget all the things know."
"Just get on with it."
"Alright, geez. I do know what you want to know. You're the missing key and y/m/n confided in me to one day tell you this. Your mom and I were dating. Your dad found out from Hela and he reacted. Hela loved y/m/n, but y/m/n led her on. She messed with Hela's heart in order to earn her trust and betray her. Odin wanted her gone and knowing Hela's weakness, he used your mother as a pawn in his dirty game. She found out that is was a hoax a week before the fall of the Valkyries. I genuinely thought y/m/n died during battle. Clearly it was an illusion. But Hela had a soft side to her. She loved you. Not in a creepy way but in a maternal way. She watched you grow and cared for you on days your mother couldn't. She caught us one day. She was furious. She tried to adopt you when your parents died but I wouldn't let her. That's why she despises me so much. It's why this is happening. This is worse than Ragnarok. This is the end. And you're the only one who can stop it."
"How?"
«This is not what I expected.»
"I don't know, but what I'm about to tell you will unlock that."
"What is it?"
"You're not who you think are."
"What do you mean?"
"I think your mom should tell you. I'll be right back."
«My mom?»
She comes back with a hologram of my mother. I recognize what she's wearing. It's the day I last saw her alive.
"It's recorded, but she left it with me. I'll give you some space."
"Y/n. My dear please forgive me. I didn't want all of my decisions to affect you, but it did, didn't it? By now Brunnhilde told you the foundation layer of all this. I have something serious I need to tell you. You are not your father's daughter. There is this unknown land that is similar to Jotunheim. It's full of another type of frost giants. One with wings. I was sent to the land of unknown, and I kid you not, it's actually called like that. I met this nice young man. I had an affair with him. I made y/d/n believe you were his. Your real father, Sauto, is king of the land of unknown. He met you once and fell in love with you. You're his only child making you the only one able to inherit the throne. You're the Ice Princess. There's so many things you're capable of that hasn't been discovered yet. Not until you meet your father. You're one of the most powerful beings y/n. It's up to you whether you use it for good or evil. Hela is capable of many things. Don't fall for her words. Don't give in to her. I left you something special to help you fight during war, which will help you control your ice powers. I payed the price for my actions y/n. I'm sure you'll turn out to be a gorgeous righteous young lady. Forgive me my child. I love you." A tear rolls done her check. Her hologram vanished. Valkyrie is behind me. She takes me back into her house and hands me something. I take it and run back to Thor's Midgardian room. I looks at what mother left me. It's an ice blue sword with my true initials (first name/Sautodottir) below it ice princess is engraved. I hug the sword to my chest breaking into an uncontrollable sob.
«How can she do this? Who am I really?»