PILOT

KAYLEEN'S POV

"I already told you why I need airpods, Mom! I need them for when my beats are charging!" I say to my mom with all the frustration I can pull out of myself. I speed up to make the changing stop light.

"Kayleen, I told you I will get it when I have the time. You know I'm busy!" my mom replies quickly.

I feel the anger in my chest build up as we slowly start to go over the speed limit.

"Well I wish I could be busy when my beats are dead, but I won't because I won't have airpods!" I scream back. I here Leandra's breath start to speed up from beside me.

" Um Kayshmeen..." Leandra says meekly.

"Listen not everything is about you. " Ive, my mom replies, sounding over the whole situation.

" I'm your daughter, everything should be about me!" I yell into the phone. I run a red light.

"Kayleen?" Elizabeth tries. I hang up the phone before my mom can respond again and throw it into the back seat.

"Ow! Thanks for the concussion." Elizabeth says annoyed. I let out a big sigh as I rush down the road.

"Kayleen! Slow the fuck down, you're going to get us killed!" Leandra finally yells to get my attention.

"Don't tell me what to do, you don't even have a license yet!" I reply as I make a left turn while looking at her to make my point.

"Kayleen watch out!" Elizabeth exclaims.

I snap my eyes back to the road. The car becomes harder to control as I speed into a clearing of a forest beside the road. My heart beats at the speed of the car. I frantically try to regain control of the wheel. The car bumps up and down from the uneven ground of the clearing. I look down at the dashboard to see I'm going 80 mph. I stomp of the breaks, but I'm too late. The last thing I see is a panicked Shmean before everything goes black.

================

I feel myself start to regain consciousness. I cuddle up to the warmth around me but then I wince at the sharp pain I feel in my head.

What the jung? What happened?

I open my eyes slowly. The first thing I notice is a wood ceiling. Confusion fills me when I regain the memories of what just happened. I sit up quickly regardless of the protest of the pain in my ribs and head. Have I been kidnaped? Am I going to be sold into sex trafficking? What about my airpods?!

The next thing I see is the fireplace in front of me. 'This is some high quality treatment for a sex slave' I think to myself.

"Kayleen?" Leandra says from behind me with a mixture of confusion and relief. She comes over to hugs me and I hug her back regardless of the pain. I feel myself start to tear up

"Are you okay? Where are you? Where's Elizabeth?"  I ask in a rush, hoping for some answers.

" I don't know...The door to this place is locked, along with the windows." Leandra replies with worry in her voice.

I take a good look at Leandra and see she's in different clothes that look way to big for her. She also has a bandage wrapped around her wrist. I look down at myself and see I'm also in different clothing.

"The pervs already took a look at our goods!" I say panicked.

"Locking everything won't keep us here very long. We are Placencia's! We'll find a way out." I add stubbornly.

Leandra nods in agreement and she helps me up. I feel a rush of dizziness but I get up anyways. We look around and come to the conclusion that we are in a cabin. It looks pretty homey, for a sex trafficking safe house. There is a couch and some love seats surrounding the fireplace and some bookshelves. I double check all the windows and the door to be sure Leandra checked properly. I look out the window by the door and see we are in some type of camp surrounded by woods.