CHAPTER 4

ELIZABETH'S POV

I wake up at around nine. My back hurts from sleeping on the couch. I look over to Kayshmeen and Shmean and see them sleeping peacefully. I let them have the bed since they were more injured than me yesterday. Maybe I should make them some breakfast.

I get off the couch and freshen myself up. I leave the house and make my way to the kitchen. There are a bunch of people chatting in there by the time I arrive. I walk over to the cooking area. I see Vernon holding some platanos while frowning.

"I thought they were regular bananas!" Vernon exclaims.

"But they are green." Jisoo says.

"I was hoping they we just not ripe yet..." Venon replies, defeated.

"Those are platanos. I used to eat them a lot back at home. They are eaten with dominican breakfast" I say to them.
(Plantanos—> Spanish for plantains)

" Oh yeah? How do you make them?" Jisoo asks, interested

"I never made them personally but I have a pretty good idea. How about I show you?" I suggest.

Jisoo and Vernon exchange glances then turn to me and agree.

We peel the platanos then boil them until they are soft.

"Now that they are boiled you can just eat them like this or you can mash them to make mangu." I explain.

"Which is better?" Vernon asks.

"I'm more of a mangu type of girl, but its really up to personal preference." I respond

"Okay then lets make some mangu." Jisoo say smiling at me.
(Mangu—> smashes plantains)

Jihoon comes into the kitchen

Jihoon comes into the kitchen. I smile at him, but he walks right past me.

"Hey what are you making?" Jihoon asks Vernon

"Actually, Liz was just showing how to make mangu." Vernon replies. I smirk when Jihoon looks surprised.

Once we finish making the mangu I serve the people in the kitchen a bit. They all look pleasantly surprised.